John Travolta to reprise his role as Vincent Vega

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrentJ, Jan 7, 2003.

1. BrentJ

BrentJ Second Unit

I watched the John Travolta documentary on A&E last night. It was very up to date and right before it went off the guy narrating the documentary said Travolta's next project would be reprising his role as Vincent Vega in a future Tarrantino film. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks

2. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

3. Adam Portrais

Adam Portrais Stunt Coordinator

The hole Vega brothers thing is a rumor. Even if QT was to do it (I really doubt he will) Tarvolta would be too old to do a prequil (no sequal since the Vega brothers are both dead). This should not be done, but I doubt it will ever see the light of day outside of fan speculation.

4. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    Travolta and Michael Madsen.....oy! I'd love it if QT did THIS as his next flick.

5. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

The Vega Brothers project has been kicking around for some time, just as (In)glorious Bastards has (and even Kill Bill was till it got going).
    Certainly the talk behind it is serious enough, but plenty of projects get farther than this one only to get shelved.
    Back in the fall of 2001 there was discussion of all 3 projects and at the time Kill Bill had just been delayed for some pre-production work. It appeared then and still does that QT will rip through the production/release of Kill Bill right on through Inglorious Bastards (war film).
    After that we will have to see where QT wants to go, how the stars feel about the work, and if Vega Bros. is still a viable product. QT might be burned out after doing 2 projects quickly, but you never know. Heck, he might postpone IB still.
    In short, don't hold your breath. [​IMG]

6. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Yea, The Vega Brothers has been listed in Coronas Web Site since 96.

It was dead and now rumors are going again.Michael Madsen did say he was working on the script awhile back.

He also said he'd like to do a Gecko Brothers from From Dusk Till Dawn prequel.Showing the things tat happened leading up to FDTD. But these projects would be years away and the actors would probally be too old by then.

He could always hand the scripts over to other directors though.

7. BrentJ

BrentJ Second Unit

I don't think it will be the Vega Brothers thing. This documentary was very up to date because it talked about Travoltas upcoming movie Basic. It then said his next role he will be working on will be reprising Vincent Vega in an upcoming QT film.