John Stevens - Red

Discussion in 'Music' started by ThomasC, Jul 1, 2005.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

This album has gotten extensive play from me over the past few days. It's definitely worth a listen if you liked Stevens' run (or his best genre) on American Idol 3. My favorites right now are his great cover of Maroon 5's "This Love" and his duet with Erika Christensen (who has a nice set of pipes as well) on "Let's Fall In Love."

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Hmm...I do like old standards but was bothered by his one note delivery during his American Idol run. I'll check him out though.

3. Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony Stunt Coordinator

American Idol watcher here. [​IMG] I thought John Stevens had a nice voice (with a unique bravado) for singing standards, but he just needed some voice training. Expecting my copy from Circuit City today, his version of The Beatles "Here, there, and everwhere" is real nice.

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

So what do you think, Paul?

5. Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony Stunt Coordinator

Just barely got my copy (Circuit City was late on my order), and I like it! I enjoyed every song, not a bad title in the bunch! Thomas, I agree with the songs that you had mentioned (who thought Erika Christiensen can sing a note?[​IMG]). Still, my favorite is "Here, There and Everywhere" but "My Blue Heaven" is really starting to grow on me. Of all the America Idol CD's I've purchased, "Red" will be playing on my changer for a long time.