ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning:

Will K

Screenwriter
Definitely not a good way to start the weekend. This is quite shocking. It seems like yesterday I was 12 years old, parked in front of the TV for Three's Company. Man, only 54. RIP, Jack Tripper.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I was shocked too. This is like when Douglas Adams died. I assume a few episodes of 8 Simple Rules season 2 are already in the can. I wonder what ABC will do with them?

JasonRH

Second Unit
This is such sad news. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy and was a true talent on-screen. He will be missed.:frowning:

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I just woke up and i could not believe my eyes. As everyone else i watched Threes company when i was younger. And 8 simple rules is very good. Its a sad sad day. I just saw ritter on Hollywood squares a few weeks back. I was flipping channels and saw he was on so i stayed tuned, and as always he made me laugh. A great loss to all

capt

Mark Barnhill

Stunt Coordinator
I woke up to the news this morning... I'm at a loss for words..

RIP John.. Thanks for the laughs.. You will be missed.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
he was one of those actorsfamous people that just, to me, seemed like he would be around to a ripe old age.

i feel so sad.:frowning:

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure they'll show any completed episodes, but I wonder if they'll try to retool/recast the show or just end it.

John Ritter, from everything I've heard, managed to stay a good and likeable guy despite being a big star. I can't remember anyone ever saying anything bad about the man.

His new show wasn't one I watched, but it's a shame this happened just as he had another hit going.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
8 Simple Rules is our favorite show to watch as a family. While I'd hate to see the show end, and while I think the entire supporting cast is great, John Ritter was the heart of the show, IMO. I can't really see it continuing without him. I was extremely depressed this morning when I heard about it.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
When I saw the intial headline on AOL news I thought "It must be an old writer or director named John Ritter, because it cant be THAT John Ritter" but my jaw dropped when I read that it was.
What a loss

RIP John

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
I can't believe it myself.

Jack Tripper was my hero in my youth

RIP John Ritter ... a true talent.
You will be missed!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was listening to the AM radio news this morning, and they started off with the death of Johnny Cash, which was sort of expected considering his age and recent hospitalization. But then I hear the Three's Company theme song "Come on knock on my door..." and I knew that John Ritter had passed away and I was doubly in shock.

RIP, John Ritter.

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure they'll show any completed episodes, but I wonder if they'll try to retool/recast the show or just end it.
I was thinking the opposite, that they will not show the episodes already completed. With John Ritter passing away, any completed episodes shown would be so under the shadow of his passing - defintitely takes the fun out of watching it.

I know that some people would prefer to watch them, so he could make us laugh once more - and I would fall into that category, but I don't know if that will happen.

I doubt they'll continue the series. They tried that with Chico and the Man and it was a failure - when the lead star of a sitcom dies, a show loses its escapism, its ability to make people laugh. A show like Eight is Enough got through Diana Hyland's death because Dick Van Patten was the lead of the show and because it was a drama. It wasn't meant to make people laugh.

At any rate, John Ritter was one of my favorites and the world will miss him.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Like many others, I heard the news on the way to work this morning...

How very sad. Only 54 years old. :frowning:

My condolences to the Ritter family... John Ritter was a decent, genuine fellow, and "Jack Tripper" will always be remembered...

R.I.P. John.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I cannot believe that we have lost two more wonderful talents in so little time.

R.I.P. - Mr. Ritter and Mr. Cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks