What's new

John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess Live (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
For those who have not yet heard this disc and are fans of John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess, Dream Theater, or just music in general owe themselves a listen. Better yet a purchase. An amazing two-man performance. Phenomenal stuff.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
For those who have not yet heard this disc and are fans of John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess, Dream Theater, or just music in general owe themselves a listen. Better yet a purchase. An amazing two-man performance. Phenomenal stuff.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It looks like it is finally being offered at a reasonable price. When it first came out, it was $20 directly from the band.

Jason

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It looks like it is finally being offered at a reasonable price. When it first came out, it was $20 directly from the band.

Jason

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I'm a HUGE DT fan, but the clips I heard didn't really grab my ear. I actually saw this at Best Buy and almost picked it up. Maybe I'll give it a chance when I see it again...

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

I would suggest that you don't have to be a DT fan to appreciate this. It's not intended to be Awake unplugged or such. Simply two masters of their instruments connecting at a different level. And you can hear a lot of stuff that would be completely at home on a DT album with full accompaniment (for example the first track). Some classic DT riffs that are equally at home in this venue.

Something pretty cool about Petrucci's guitar tone is that he's not playing an acoustic, but rather an electric with a Piezo pickup/transducer. Or at least I assume that's what he's using as I saw him live with DT earlier this year (amazing, by the way) and he was switching back and forth between acoustic and electric tones as the songs required using his new Ernie Ball signature guitars. The sound was so incredible I'm looking for a retrofit solution for one of my guitars. I think he was using this system at the time of this recording.

For those who like the sound and style of this disc check out Guitar Trio with Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin, and Paco de Lucia. Ridiculously gifted guitar players in a completely acoustic set, just the three of them. Mind bending stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks