John Leguizamo's One Man Shows?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Rhoq, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

I figured since HBO aired these shows as comedy specials, this thread would best belong in the "TV on DVD" section of HTF. The question is simple:

Has anyon heard anything about HBO finally releasing these 4 masterpieces (Mambo Mouth, Spic-O-Rama, Freak and Sexaholics) on DVD? Please don't take offense to the second title - That is the name of it. Bootlegs are available on E-Bay, but I prefer not to go that route.

I had the pleasure of seing John perform "Mambo Mouth" at the Orpheus Theater in NYC back in 1991 (before he became a well-known name). I was only 15 at the time, but I knew that what I was watching was simply brilliant.

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I absolutely loved "Freak" every time I watched it on HBO. Sexaholics was pretty good too. I haven't seen the other two, but would gladly check them out. I've been wanting "Freak" for a long time.

3. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Put me down for Freak as well. Saw that live in NYC. Awesome show.

4. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

His book for Freak was just amazing, I have seen some of his live shows air on HBO and I almost died laughing. Was "Spic-O-Rama" the same series that aired on FOX during the "In Living Color" days?

Ryan

5. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

"Spic-O-Rama" was his follow-up to "Mambo Mouth".

The short-lived sketch comedy/variety series he had on Fox was called "House Of Buggin'".