What's new

Capt D McMars

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I have this and concur, it is GORGEOUS!
Many thanks!!! I was blindsided by this....one of my childhood favorites, and from BFI, Wow!! I can't wait to see it in all it's glory!! For years the only copy I could find for sane money was a washed out chinese burned copy!!! I can't wait to finally really see it, and use the
the movie beach GIF
burned copy for skeet!!!

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Ordered. And will be reviewed.
Thanks Robert, my hope is that coming from BFI, it will be as wonderful as some have said. I'm amazed to see it in stock, and available...I ordered mine a few days ago, fingers crossed!! It was actually discovered when I was lookinng over the Film Foundatios website, and a found a comparitive frame from the film, which prompted me to ask if a restored edition was available. A little birdoging and locked on to the lead here.

RobertMG

Premium
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Thanks Robert, my hope is that coming from BFI, it will be as wonderful as some have said. I'm amazed to see it in stock, and available...I ordered mine a few days ago, fingers crossed!! It was actually discovered when I was lookinng over the Film Foundatios website, and a found a comparitive frame from the film, which prompted me to ask if a restored edition was available. A little birdoging and locked on to the lead here.
I had gotten the BFI's restored Scrooge 1951 2021 the work was great, great Restoration but they didn't seem to clean up specks scratches is that just one example or do they do frame by frame clean up?

[email protected]!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
Many thanks!!! I was blindsided by this....one of my childhood favorites, and from BFI, Wow!! I can't wait to see it in all it's glory!! For years the only copy I could find for sane money was a washed out chinese burned copy!!! I can't wait to finally really see it, and use the
the movie beach GIF
burned copy for skeet!!!
A beautiful transfer from BFI of a very unusual film... the visual palette and execution is an extraordinary achievement of sustained seamless excellence in lighting, art direction, costume design, cinematography, and music.

Capt D McMars

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I had gotten the BFI's restored Scrooge 1951 2021 the work was great, great Restoration but they didn't seem to clean up specks scratches is that just one example or do they do frame by frame clean up?
Strange that BFI would drop the basics...creating clean foundational images is usually the beginning of the restoration process especially with B&W films...that's sad, thanks Robert...I guess we'll see soon enough. Hoping for the best, expecting the worse, and reality falls somewhere in between, right?
From what I currently own, anything will be an improvment!! Let me know your thoughts, once you recive your copy? Thanks again, Todd

Capt D McMars

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
A beautiful transfer from BFI of a very unusual film... the visual palette and execution is an extraordinary achievement of sustained seamless excellence in lighting, art direction, costume design, cinematography, and music.
I truly haven't wanted to see a restoration as much, since the upcoming release of 1953 Invaders from Mars!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainajgraves
Recent bookmarks