What's new

John Huhges Collection? Ever? (1 Viewer)

Brian Darley

Auditioning
I am a fan of the man and his work. his films , while not Academy material are classics in the minds of many people. They provoke thought and remind us of another time. That time being when we were going through the same things as the characters in his movies.

My question. Does anyone know of or have they heard of any "special" treatments being done to any John Hughes films? I speak mainly about Some Kind of Wonderful, Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Pretty in Pink and Ferris Beuller's Day Off.

I would love a box set with deleted scenes. And of course..commentary.

Please let me know if you know of this happening or agree/disagree with this.

Thanks!

Sorry about the misspelling on the subject line.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
The current Bueller disc is also very good-the only extra is a Hughes commentary, but it's a good extra to have. An interesting track with someone who knows how to keep a commentary track moving.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
They're not Hughes films in the sense that he didn't direct them. However, he did write/produce them so I still consider them Hughes films.

Any truth to the rumor of a Breakfast Club SE along with Werd Science and Sixteen Cancles?

David Hall

Auditioning
Bill Paxton was on that VH1 show "Late show w/Zach" a few weeks ago when he was promoting "Frailty". He mentioned that he recently did an interview spot for an upcoming Weird Science DVD. I take that to mean that we are getting a new version of this soon!!

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
At this past Studio Day, Universal said that they had recently completed supplemental features for the John Hughes films (ie: Weird Science, The Breakfast Club, and Sixteen Candles), and were just waiting for the promotional department to announce them. Of course, that was a while ago, and we're still waiting, so....

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Given this DVD is selling for up to $50.00 on eBay, I wouldn't mind putting mine up there now. :) However, I don't want to wait years for the inevitable SE. Any reports of this coming out this year?

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
At this past Studio Day, Universal said that they had recently completed supplemental features for the John Hughes films (ie: Weird Science, The Breakfast Club, and Sixteen Candles), and were just waiting for the promotional department to announce them. Of course, that was a while ago, and we're still waiting, so....
SEs of these 3 movies have been rumored for well over a year now. Like mentioned above, at studio day Universal said they were working on them. Who knows when they'll come out. Maybe by this Christmas. Hell, maybe they'll all come out the same day as the Back to the Future movies! Now, that would be cool! :)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Well knowing that they have special features for these ones (and really, how could they NOT), I think I'm going to pass on the 9/2 releases. Maybe I'll pick one or two up after a price drop or through Columbia House, but it's disappointing that after all this time, they're coming barebones. If they were my all-time favorites, I might feel differently, but my interest in them just really went down. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks