John Hughes stuff

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Knutzen, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

This is for anyone who loves the brat pack. Anyone who loves the 80's more than any other period in history. The 'teen flicks' of John Hughes must live on through special edition dvds. this films are necessary in order to preserve history. here are my thoughts:

brekfast club: a bare bones edition of THE essential 80's movie? you've gotta be kidding me. this needs the delux treatment. cast commmentary (gotta hear Judd 'the man' Nelson discuss Bender), director commentary (John '80's God' Hughes, need i say more?), music vidoes ('don't you, forget about me': one the best songs of the 80's), of course animated menus with sound clips ('Eat my shorts') and other good stuff (trailers, etc.)

sixteen candles: again cast and director commentary, trailers anything that adds to this excellent piece of cinema history.

ferris bueller's day off: this DOES have a commentary that is quite good, however, i'd like to hear matthew broderick's thought's on playing the guy that everyone would kill to be. also there were no trailers! when was the last time you got a dvd with commentary but no trailers? trailers should be standard.

weird science: more of the same. and could we get teh deleted scenes that are shown on tv (deleted scenes standard on ALL of the aforementioned dvds of course)

that's just my opinion of course

your thoughts?

2. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Please don't let this thread die. I know you 80's fanatics are out there

3. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I would love a Ferris Bueller's Day Off trailer and documentary, but it's Paramount.

Same goes for Planes, Trains & Automobiles, which could use ANY extra. But again, it's Paramount.

Paramount has never been big on re-releases, so I doubt we'll be seeing either of these anytime soon, since they're both already anamorphic and 5.1 (and both are great in those respects).

4. rhett

rhett Supporting Actor

I am quite happy with the Bueller disc, but I'd pick up a new one if it had a documentary and trailers. I really want SE's of The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles, and if I am not mistaken Universal is working on those as we speak.

John Hughes is a genious.

5. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

I dunno. I felt, much like with Naked Gun 1-3, that on the Ferris disc the commentary talks about deleted scenes. It would have been really nice to have seen them. They feel like 'almost special' discs. Commentaries are cheap and easy, I reckon.

6. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

7. Claire_B

Claire_B Agent

I would love to see Special Editions of all John Hughes movies !

He is a great film maker.

8. Chris Kr

Chris Kr Agent

I'm still waiting for pretty in pink, and a decent rerelease of sixteen candles and wierd science.

9. Mike Harrison

It's a real shame because most of Hughes movies have been butchered on DVD. The Home Alone films are the worst travesty. The first one was one of the highest grossing pictures around and it's a barebones disc with a trailer.

Please, Paramount, Fox, Universal...rerelease these titles of John Hughes!

10. Mark Goodson

Mark Goodson Auditioning

This man has made some of the best movies ever made.
    All of his movies deserve SE DVD releases.
    Especially, All the 80's teen movies and Home Alone 1 and 2.
    Please studios, Make something happen [​IMG]