What's new

John Ford at Fox: 21 disc set in December!!! (2007) (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

No, go on without me; I'll have to play catch-up. I was hoping beyond hope that it would be here for the Big Day, but sadly, no.

While I'm here, have a great Christmas y'all...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Anyhow, I'll start the thread this coming weekend without any objections.

Happy Holidays to everyone reading this thread.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Just returned from a short xmas break.

I must say I am so impressed with Barnes and Noble, even though it took them 3 weeks to deliver.

Why, because the heavyweight package arrived via France which meant that I did not have to pay any custms charges. Yippie Yeah.

Congrats to Fox for delivering such a sterling job with the whole boxset.

I simply loved the Iron Horse souvenir booklet, awesome.

I am going to watch the docu first

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No customs? Way to go oscar!

If my set doesn't arrive within the next 24 hours, I may explode...

EDIT: Huzzah! Postie + Big Bag = happiness! :)

I must admit, after building myself up for something really, impossibly, special, I was prepared for disappointment. But the set is so damned beautiful, so impressive, that I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face since it arrived.

Wow. Just 'wow'!

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I just saw the Nick Redman documentary which I thought was wonderful.

The first movie I saw from the Boxset was the US version of The Iron Horse which was about 16 minutes longer than the International Version.

Anyone know if there is much added or changed for that version.

Crawdaddy have you started the thread in Movies ? or are you happy that I start one ?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Ummm, I posted. I've been watching a few films ahead too, not sure what the order is. :P Guess there isn't too much to say about the documentary. I wasn't huge on it.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Fox has posted the redemption form for 'Frontier Marshall' here:

Fox Studio Classics

Two points; a shame, as there is no proof of purchase required, that this will almost certainly be abused. And secondly, it doesn't look to be open to those of us outside the US who ponied up for the set.

Ah, well...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hopefully Fox rectifies this. They allowed us Canucks to participate in the SUNRISE offer a couple 4 years ago. :frowning:

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
John, you're right, the process seems open to abuse; however, I am glad there is no need to mar the packaging by sending a UPC code, and I am equally glad there is no need to provide a copy of the receipt -- because I try to shred my receipts soon after I accumulate them (worries about identity theft -- here in the states, there are some incredibly verbose receipts ... granted, only the last two digits of a credit or bank card are printed, yet there are still membership numbers , date/time and so forth).

I purchased the set legitimately at Costco, so I will happily provide the answer to the question on the form.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
I got the set but live in Brazil, and think it's unfair to be excluded from this promotion.
Anyway, I will e-mail Fox asking if I will not be alouded to have the Frontier Marshall disc for free.
Anyone knows to which e-mail I should address my question?
If their answer is negative, there will always be the "My Darling Clemetine" disc to get Frontier Marshall as a bonus.

Another question, I'm having troubles to take the discs off the case. They seem to get stucked in it and I'm afraid to damage them in trying. Anyone else is having the same trouble?

Brent Lumkin

Stunt Coordinator
I keep trying the right answer for the question, but it keeps giving me this error message:

This is really starting to irritate me.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I successfully submitted my form shortly before noon (California time). I figured with the potential for abuse John mentioned in an earlier post, it would be best to submit sooner rather than later, in case they run out, or in case they decide to curtail the program.

The confirmation message only includes two sentences, as I recall: one confirming a successful registration, while the other states delivery is expected within six weeks.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Are we officially starting with the one-film per week program yet?

I'm planning on getting to "Just Pals" later this week.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, I'm back from vacation and will post my review of the documentary and "Just Pals" this week. I will actually have to watch the documentary again because I forgot some details already.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
I can't believe it, but my original Amazon.com Ford at Fox set order was lost. It was meant to arrive around December 18th, but still hasn't arrived. I told Amazon, and they just sent another one, with expedited international postage! It is meant to arrive in two weeks.

This is the first Amazon order I've ever made that has been lost. My guess is someone in the postal system took a liking to a massive Amazon.com box.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Probably, and I'd bet that they were disappointed as hell too. I think about that when my DVD rentals don't arrive. In some way, it makes it seem better when you know the thief was totally let down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks