JOHN DOE - SCIFI Channel Jan 20th!

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by John*D, Jan 6, 2006.

1. John*D

John*D Second Unit

WOOT!!! John-boy is back!!!

The Scifi Channel will begin airing reruns of FOX's John Doe on Friday, January 20th, 7/6c. Hopefully because of SCIFI Friday, it'll get good ratings. Hella yeah!

http://www.scifi.com/johndoe/

[​IMG] FOX needs to give us DVDs. Hope the ratings on SciFi will peak FOX's interests. You'd think with the success of Prison Break (and the other tv/films Dom has done), they'd just release it already.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Guess they're doing similar to what they did with Firefly in the fall.

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I would be happy if instead of Scifi producing another mutated monster, bug or snake movie. They make a 2hr movie that resolves the cliffhanger that the Fox executives left us with. [​IMG]

I also would love to get the show on dvd.

4. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Todd, what, you didn't think Mansquito was just the *hit!

Or may that it was *hit. [​IMG]

5. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

Date with DVR. Fridays are AWESOME on Sci-Fi!

6. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

I'm deciding whether or not to watch "John Doe" in two weeks. I saw the first episode when it originally aired on Fox. I didn't care for it. How bad is the cliffhanger? Is it real open-ended? I wonder if Sci-Fi is going to continue to air these short-lived Fox shows.

7. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    The cliffhanger was shocking and exciting, but also risked ruining the show. But worse than providing a mediocre follow-up, the show was killed leaving us John Doe in the lurch.

I don't understand the point of re-running a dead, 1-season show, that ends with so much frustration. If you enjoy the show, then you'll wind up another annoyed fan. And if you don't enjoy the show, then, no point in watching.

I agree with Todd - a strong, 2-hour finish to the show would be great. It's too late to revive it, but perhaps the actors could be pulled back to conclude the story.

8. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Probably the same reason why releasing a dead one season show on DVD is a good idea.

Some people can enjoy a series based on the writing, etc... and not need a solution.

Why else would I have bought FIREFLY back in 2003 (when there was NO word about a Serenity movie or series revival)? Because the 15 episodes produced were great.

Sure it sucks that John Doe doesn't have a real ending, but who knows... perhaps better than average ratings will prompt sci-fi to produce a 2 hour finish of some kind. If it introduces new viewers to the show I don't see how it's a bad thing.

9. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

I love this show. It was great to have Firefly and John Doe back to back. Maybe the repeat run will get it new fans and a two hour conclusion (or new series).

10. John*D

John*D Second Unit

Tonight is the night...

...our boy JD is back!

[​IMG]

11. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Watching the pilot tonight just made more angry about its cancellation. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

I've finally seen my first episode of John Doe. I'll go ahead and watch the whole run (it's easy since I just extend my SciFi Friday recording by an hour), but I do wonder where the show would go if it continued (not happening). It seems the writers left some mysteries that they didn't have the answers to (where he comes form and how he gets his abilities).

I find myself surprisingly in need of that information for some sort of context. Put another way, I can't really tell if the show is following its own internal logic because it hasn't told me what its internal logic is. Some people had trouble with Lost for this reason, but Lost find a way to make the overall story compelling amidst the general mystery and confusion of the island. I'll be watching to see if John Doe can do the same.

For me, it'll be a nice fill in until Prison Break comes back.

13. Rakesh.S

Rakesh.S Second Unit

I didn't give this show a chance when it originally aired..the pilot was intriguing but I think it was the second episode that put me off. Also, this was one of those shows where there was just too much mumbling.

I'm going to stick with it this time around..