What's new

JOHN DOE preempted because of Columbia!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
This really pisses me off!

This was on the movie site in the thread about THE CORE. The source is Scf-Fi Wire, thanks to Rex Bachmann. I didn't see a thread here in TV and search is down right now.

Fox will pull an episode of John Doe that deals with the death of an astronaut in light of the Columbia disaster, Zap2it reported. The episode, "Illegal Alien," was slated to air on Feb. 7 and begins with an astronaut falling out of the sky.
Geez, this John Doe change is ridiculous. Not really anything like the shuttle incident except it being an astronaut. Have to start complaining to FOX! Hope we will see it eventually, but it probably screws up the development of the story arc! :angry:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Geez, don't get so up in arms. From what I can tell, even if it wasn't quite at the request of the shows' creators, they are fully behind it:

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?30011

As to it screwing up the arc... Well, seeing as John Doe is basically a series of "done-in-one" stories with occasional X-Files-style wheel-spinning one-step-forward-one-step-back episodes during sweeps (why, no, I don't like that aspect of the series), they can probably sit on this until just before the next fakeout episode.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Looks like last Friday, 3/14, was this episode of JOHN DOE that Fox previously pulled because of Columbia. During the show, in the environment capsule, they are looking at the date readout and it says Feb. 7, 2003, (the same date this show was to have aired). Now that I've seen it, it's even more insane they pulled it to begin with.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I thought it was a good call - if I were at Fox, that's not necessarily when I'd want to have a story about corruption and/or substandard components being used in the space program to air. And, from what I gathered, the producers didn't want it to air then, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks