John Doe 12/13/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

A cat-n-mouse game episode.

I'm not quite sure it was intentional how plainly obvious who the bad guy was (maybe an homage to "The Usual Suspects" in some respects).

I still think Digger has a deeper past to him as well (like just why does he know stuff that conveniently helps Doe? Hmm....

2. Peter McDonald

Peter McDonald Stunt Coordinator

I only watched the first half hour (I'll be watching the rest of it later)... but I think I have a good idea who the bad guy is:

Is it the first guy John saved?

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yup.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

You know, I think I'm done with this show once Firefly leaves the air. It's not a bad show, really, but the supporting cast isn't terribly interesting (Meat Loaf and Azura Skye aren't really suffering for not being on it), it's getting pretty formulaic, and the macrostory is going to be the same sort of one-step-forward-two-steps-back deal as The X-Files. This episode was OK, but nothing I'd really have regreted missing.

5. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

6. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

The bad guy was Tooms from the X-Files. He was the guy who could squeeze into little spaces. I still enjoy the show. And I think the the brand that he showed Doe at the end was a fake. Remember he took the picture of it when Doe was sleeping. And I think it is another way of getting to Doe.

7. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    Yeah, I knew who the bad guy was as soon as it was revealed that he wasn't dead. (OK, and that he was also a sewer worker, which was just another minute later).
    I really want to like this show. I like the premise, I like the characters, but the writers just seem so lazy. From the first episode where the police couldn't be bothered to search for human remains of a man they hadn't positively identified because JD said he was "fish food" and not worth recovering - to this episode in which the brilliant perp can slip in and out of "police perimiters" and relies on JD dropping/forgetting his flashlight in the end so he can have the opportunity to brag about his evil plan and escape on foot.
    And, yeah, Digger is "babysitting" JD.
    Although I must admit, last week's airplane episode was pretty good, though it really bugs me that JD has to TOUCH absolutely everything in a crime scene and ruin any hope of recovering any fingerprints.

8. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

yeah I am enjoying the show, I felt that episode ok but it did seem to be missing something. There was no tension because there was no reason to think that Lenny wasn't the killer, I mean he was the only guest actor and recognisable villian at that. No real misdirection at all. And yeah Doe is pretty bad with the evidence.

9. Nigel McN

One more thing. Why was he called The Mourner? I didn't quite get that.

10. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

The first two victems had "condolence" greeting cards with the riddles.

11. Nigel McN

ok, thanks.