John Doe 12/06/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

While the "whodunit" was a bit too easily telegraphed, the "MacGuyver in the air" episode of John Doe was okay. I did enjoy the return of Gabrielle Anwar in this episode, she has an endearing quality about her (still remember her in "Scent of a Woman").

This was a "breather" episode in that no really progress was made as John's past, but all in all, needed a bit of dramamine, but it was a good episode.

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I love these "Murder on the Orient Express" type mysteries, where the crime (and the investigators, and the suspects) all are trapped in the same close quarters. There were a few Air Force One elements thrown in for good measure. All in all, a very good episode to me. Just proves that great TV doesn't have to come in arcs[​IMG]

3. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

Here's hoping we'll see more of Gabrielle Anwar [​IMG]
    Brian

4. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

This show is ok, but just not all that compelling. One more C.S.I. type mystery. I do like the "arc" episodes, though. I just wish the writing was better,t he dialogue is horrible.

5. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

I thought it was action packed compared to previous episodes. I liked it. Glad they stayed away from John looking for his past. I remember Gabrielle Anwar most in If Looks Could Kill w/ Richard Grieco. Love the British accent.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Does Anwar have a British accent in real life? I forget if she had a British accent in "The Scent of a Woman".

7. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I really enjoy John Doe. And while I enjoyed this episode, it was weak. The conflit was particularly contrived and did nothing to advance the greater story (no meta-plot advancement, no new character development for JD, and no new developments with his friends). The villain's motives were ill-defined and weren't used well, dramatically. And he had some really clunker lines ("I waited until you were on an airplane...my turf!").

If the romantic interest is brought back as a recurring character this show will be further redeemed, but I don't expect that.

8. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

This ep wasn't too bad, but not one of the better ones, either. The Scotland Yard detective was an annoying, poorly written character, obviously there just to be a red herring.