John Doe 11/15/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Ah...so much sappy music playing in the background as John Doe thinks he's been "found" and was highly skeptical at first, but comes to believe the neighbors of his family's farm/ranch and their stories of John's youth at Thomas Crowder. The music was the big tip-off as to John being totally set up by the mysterious people who seem to shut down any new leads of John's past. So, we have no idea if anything the creepy lady told John is true (I want to think there's a germ of truth, but it'll probably be highly convoluted). Too bad we won't be seeing the creepy lady in future episodes.

2. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

Wasn't it Growder? The truth could be anything, but I think it's alien related.

3. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Hey guys, need a favor - for some reason, my recording of it cut off 2 minutes early. THe last bit I saw was it flashing to the older creepy lady walking with the grey haired guy in the park. Someone was sitting on the bench and that's it. Help me out and let me know what happened in those last few minutes.

Thanks a bunch!

4. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

The last name was Growder.

The creepy lady (nice way to describe her, Patrick) sat on the bench and talked in sign language to some man whose face was not revealed. The man told the her that it would've been easier if she had told John the truth. After the man walked away, the grey-haired man stabbed her with a small knife that had the Phoenix on it.

~T

5. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

So, are you guys liking this show so far? I've watched a couple of them but after all the Baseball stuff, I've lost track.

I work for a Fox Affiliate in WV and so far, the network SEEMS to be excited about the possibilities of this series.

I know there are quite a few Firefly fans out there so could this be turning into a Cool Fox Fridays kinda thing?

6. Glenn L

Glenn L Stunt Coordinator

You think creepy lady is a nice way to describe her... she's listed as yellow teeth on my TIVO's description of the episode.

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Very Wolverine/Logan/Weapon X style. When I saw the previews, I was afraid the series creators were blowing their load too early. Fortuneately I was proven long. This creates interesting possibilities... what in his life is real? Who's a plant? Me, I think the cops and the girl are the real deal, but Forsythe's character is a plant. He's just too big of a talent to sit around giving vague advice.

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I said that about Forsythe's character, Digger (hmmm...funny name for a bartender, eh?), a few weeks ago as well. He's keeping an eye out on John.

BTW, the "fake last name" for John was "Crowder". The creepy woman may have pronounced it to sound like "Growder" but the close caption said "Crowder" and the fake sign on the mailbox also said "Crowder" - that's what my memory told me when I was watching it.

9. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Thi - was it obvious that it was a man that was using sign language? I was thinking it was a woman...
    Paul - I really enjoy the show. I'm always looking forward to tuning into Fox for the double-feature. It's probably my favorite back-to-back in the entire week.
    Adam - I didn't think about that but you are right. The whole Weapon-X bit about him not knowing where he comes from. Let's just hope he doesn't start sprouting claws. [​IMG]

10. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I thought that was a man talking to Yellow Teeth. In fact, when they showed that person sitting on the bench alone from behind, I thought it was John Doe.

~T

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

It was a person with mature man hands signing to the creepy woman before ordering the hit on her.

12. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

kind of has a very 'Nowhere Man' vibe to it.

13. BrettK

BrettK Agent

14. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

That whole episode was a huge anvil, from the advertising of it as being "His Past Revealed !" to the pacing and the willingness of the CreepyLady to give him info. I was intrigued by SilentGuy's comment that Doe would not believe the ruse and it would have been easier to tell him the truth, to be very telling and refreshing.

15. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

I thought this episode seemed too contrived. Like it was trying hard to be all X-Files conspiracy plot.

I mean, he drives away, gets stuck at a train, realizes the muffin isn't homemade and races back to the farmhouse-- only to discover they have already removed the mailbox as well as cleaned out the house?

I know it was a ruse but it just seems odd that they would hurry up and switch it out so quickly unless they knew he was coming back and they wanted to screw with him.

But obviously Yellow Teeth did not get what she wanted, so that wasn;t the case.

I mean come on: did the farmhouse's real owners really need the place back that quickly?

And the way they junked up the house into a crazy-cat lady's house was just odd (was all that really necessary to change the house from when JD previously saw it?). It just seemed like the producers were just trying to be weird for the sake of being weird rather than contribute to the story.

16. Ning Wong

Ning Wong Stunt Coordinator

hmm..i hae to think about this one...

17. Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer Second Unit

Maade me wonder why the "grey haired man" typed in "abort" into his cell phone thingie AFTER John Doe showed up at the farm house realizing everything was screwy because of the muffin.
    Wonder what he was aborting.

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Basically this group has spent a considerable amount to make Doe think that he had this past life as Thomas Crowder, which was supposed to satiate his curiousity about who he is (and hopefully curtail Doe's search activities), but when Doe realized he was duped, the rest of the facade operation had to be called off because Doe knew the gig was up.

19. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian