What's new

John Cassavetes "Husbands" - August 18, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Sony will be releasing John Cassavetes "Husbands" on August 18, 2009 at $19.94.

Another excellent release by Sony!

Bob Cashill

Senior HTF Member
Great. I just bought Criterion's outstanding Cassavetes box set, which Amazon has on sale. Any chance of an R1 LOVE STREAMS?

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller

I'd like to know as well, it's one of my favorites by Cassavetes. I'm not that wild about Husbands, although I'll give it a rental if it has some interesting extras.

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Great news, I thought they had this listed before as part of their "Martini Collection" so very happy to hear this. I guess there are several versions of this film with different running times, anybody know which version this is and the running time for the disc?

wonderboy779

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Amazon.com lists the running time as being 131 min, which leads me to believe that it is cut, just like Sony's Region 2 releases (125, with PAL speedup). The theatrical release was 140 minutes, and Sony's DVD releases cut out a 10 minute chunk, this new release being no exception if Amazon is correct. I sincerely hope it's a typo, and that this new DVD is the full, uncut version. Fingers crossed.

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas
Originally Posted by wonderboy779

Amazon.com lists the running time as being 131 min, which leads me to believe that it is cut, just like Sony's Region 2 releases (125, with PAL speedup). The theatrical release was 140 minutes, and Sony's DVD releases cut out a 10 minute chunk, this new release being no exception if Amazon is correct. I sincerely hope it's a typo, and that this new DVD is the full, uncut version. Fingers crossed.

It's a 9 minute difference but hopefully it's just a typo.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
DVDTimes lists the announcement with 142 minutes:

With a running time of 142mins, features on this Extended Cut include:

1.85:1 Anamorphic WidescreenEnglish MonoEnglish subtitlesCommentary with Author Marshall FineThe Story of Husbands: A Tribute to John Cassavetes
  • http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content/id/70997/husbands-extended-cut-r1-in-august.html

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have the disc and it is the 142 minute version. Fine's commentary is excellent. The film looks great on DVD for a small production that is this old and the sound is also handled well for a dialogue driven piece. I think Sony did an outstanding job bringing us this disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merrickw