What's new

John Carpenter's, The Fog out Oct. 4th. (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hiya George!

Actually 4 continued the story set up in 1 and 2 but since Jaimie Lee didn't participate, the girl chased is her young daughter. Very similar structure-wise but not a remake.

:)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Back on Topic. So uh, I couldn't see any difference between the Fog DVD's out. I'm going to say that are exactly the same.......unless someone tells me other wise.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I posted a link earlier in the thread with screen caps from both releases. Same menus, audio, and video quality.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a113/roadwarrior980/

The new release does not include an insert or chapter guide, but it does include the trailer for the new, awful film.

I only upgraded because my previous disc of the earlier SE froze up and skipped around halfway through the film. I think others had similar problems with the disc as well when it first came out.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
.....ok, which pics are the new ones? :)

The screen caps/comparisons given by JoshB (that is before they disappeared) didn't show these differences as far as I could tell, certainly not enough to warrant a double dip.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Were the current date closer to April, I'd take that review as a prank. I don't see any of the described differences in those screencaps.

DJ

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

As much as I dislike the idea of remaking HALLOWEEN, I have to call you out on this- I mean, who else would you cast in it? THE CHARACTERS IN THE FILM ARE TEENAGERS. If they do go ahead with a remake with a "hip, young" cast, well, that would make perfect sense actually, since the characters are "hip and young" (remember the pot smoking?) themselves.

Vincent

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Sorry for getting rid of the pics, I figure the thread was dead and anyone who had interest in seeing the differences would have done so.

Personally, since I own both discs (and am trying to part with the old one) I saw no difference at all in the transfer. Same bitrate, same level of detail, and same color. Keep in mind that the older release is not that old, and the newer one mentions nothing about a new transfer (mastered in hi def written on the back does not count, IMO). I looked at several scenes which had varying degrees of color and style, and they all seemd the same.

I did see the review on AV Forum, and was suprised they noticed a difference. I was only viewing on my monitor, but from what I can tell its pretty difficult to judge deeper blacks than what is already black.

Either way, which ever version you pick up the transfer is still great for an older title, and the supplements are the same for both releases, which makes this an easy buy for $10 or less, and its a great film to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks