What's new

John Carpenter's "Body Bags" (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

I remember this little anthology was made for cable TV some years ago (Showtime I think) featuring Carpenter as a crypt keeper type host. I think he directed 2 of the 3 stories as well. However I don't think it's aired much any more.
Does anybody have an idea as to which studio owns this title? I'd sure love to see it on DVD.
EDIT: It seems Artisan owns this title and it WAS on DVD but is now out of print. C'mon Artisan, re-release this with Carpenter commentary. Please?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Never heard of this before, however, when Artisan re releases this one, will absolutely buy it.
Thanks Michael
:emoji_thumbsup:

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
This was a great anthology! I taped it off cable when it first came out years ago, but of course eventually the tape wore out and broke. Being a huge horror fan I would love to put this one in my collection!

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
If everyone had been this excited for the disc when it was available for a couple of years, it never would've gone out of print. :)
DJ

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
the real stinger is I almost picked up that 3 disc horror set. Well, I hope its back out with Carpenter commentary. Hell, get Tobe Hooper in on it too, he directed one of the three segments.

tim

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
According to Image Entertainment's database, the Scarefest Collectors Pack was released on 12/14/99, and Body Bags was released individually on 7/25/00. Rumpelstiltskin and Witchboard III followed on 8/21/01.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I've seen it lately at my local Borders store. Maybe I should snatch it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks