What's new

John Candy's "Only the Lonely" DVD - June 14 (1 Viewer)

walter o

Supporting Actor
thought it was always on DVD but it wasn't! it is so odd to see Anchor bay, who's famous for horror and cult, releasing these touching Fox films. Still glad someone did!:emoji_thumbsup:

John*P

Second Unit
Awesome! I've been waiting for this one for awhile now.

I've noticed that Anchor Bay have released 3 of my picks from the "What Fox comedy catalog titles do you want on DVD?" thread; License to Drive, Dutch and now Only the Lonely. Thanks, AB!

StevenFC

Second Unit
I sure hope it's true and that they treat it with care. I knew it would be one of my all-time favs the minute I left the theatre. Such an enjoyable movie. It's been in my top 25 DVD wants since DVD began. I can't believe Fox never released it.

This and the Sling Blade announcement are great news.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I love this film! Funny, romantic and bittersweet, it makes you laugh while tugging the heart. Maureen O'Hara should have been at least nominated for best supporting actress that year for her role in this.

Considering it's Anchor Bay, I wouldn't worry too much about the OAR issue, they wouldn't do us that way I don't think. I mean, were not talking about MGM here. ;)

Anchor Bay is truly the saving grace for old favorites on DVD right now! Thanks AB! :emoji_thumbsup:

StevenFC

Second Unit
Just letting fans of this movie know that the video portion of the DVD turned out fine. Slightly grainy perhaps--if at all. I didn't detect any audio problems at all. Plus there is a nice little featurette as well.

Thank God for little companies like Anchor Bay. Otherwise we might never see films like this on DVD.

Nice job guys.:emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I finally picked this up on Saturday and watched it today, it's amazing how much impact the smallest film's can have on you.

God, how I miss John Candy! :frowning:

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I should pick this up though I have the laserdisc version. It's interesting that it has both one of my favorite classic actresses in Miss O'Hara and one who was among my favorite recent actresses, Ally Sheedy, at least until she got hard and started doing this small independent films that I never get a chance to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks