What's new

Joey - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
I don't see any listing yet on 'TV Shows on DVD', so I assume that no region 1 release date has been announced yet.

However, it's being released in the UK on 25th July. Appallingly poor value, though - a 6-disc set for £40 (about $75). If I bother with this series at all, I shall be waiting for a R1 release. The jury's still out on it though.

Joe*R

Stunt Coordinator
NBC recently renewed it for a 2nd season so we may hear something by the end of summer beginning of Fall to tie in S1 with the start of S2.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Why would this need six discs? How many episodes are there in the first season? Since all the Friends seasons easily fit on four DVDs, I'd think Joey would be the same...

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
Simply to justify the high price they ask. I bet there is quite a number of people who think they get better value the more discs they get. Pay $75 for a 3 disc set? People will likely think they're getting ripped off. If it's a six disc set it's easier for buyers to justify their purchase. It's irrational but that's the way it works I think.

HBO does the same - surely most of their shows like Deadwood or Carnivale could be put out as 4 disc sets. If you ask the premium price for it you might as well give people 6 discs and a bigger and better package.

Wezzo

Second Unit
I'll pick the set up if it's loaded with extras; otherwise I probably won't as whilst I quite enjoy the series I can't justify an expensive purchase for episodes alone.

Helie

Grip
What will happen is by Christmas this set will be half price along with other 'Friends' sets. Our Friends box sets are always half price at Christmas time and single dvds are buy one get on free. Luckily this time the new slim line sets seem to have stayed half price.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Colin, I assume you're unfamiliar with Brit DVD releases. This is the sort of pricing that we're used to in the UK. Friends, Blackadder, Will and Grace - all overpriced and generally under-extra'ed compared with the US counterparts. I assume some folks will pick up this mediocre series at this price, but I ain't going to be one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks