Joe's Sonosub pics.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dustin B, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

2. Brian Steeves

Brian Steeves Second Unit

Joe, That has got to be one of the most unique sono's I've ever seen! Way cool dude! How do you plan on finishing it?

3. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Very nice sub! in one of the pics it looks like there are speakers all around the room, are those what I think they are or something else?

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    First I've ever seen one crafted like that. As alreay said, very unique and very nicely done.

5. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Yeah Joe, I love the legs.... on the sub, I mean.

6. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Thanks for the nice comments guys,& extra thanks to Dustin for all his help.
    The sono I used is 20" by 56" with a 6" by 25" port which if I done everything right should give me around a 17hz tuning point
    I haven't decided on my finish yet but I'm thinking about doing it in Birds Eye Maple vineer,but I got to talk the wife into that one first. If I cant get her to let me do that I will be finishing it it birch, 100 bucks compared to almost 400 is quite a big difference.
    The caps I just had to try something different out other than just a straight dowel, so I drew out a few different things before I finally settled with what you se here.
    In the pictures something you cant see very well is the design on the end caps which look like a radioactive symbol. These are routered in about 1/16th in. I don't know what posessed me to do them for sure other than just being different.

Cam, I'm useing all Polk speakers. I have a CS400i center & RT55i's for front, front surrounds, & rear surrounds. The stands & shelf that they are on I made also.