What's new

Joe's Sonosub pics. (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
Joe, That has got to be one of the most unique sono's I've ever seen! Way cool dude! How do you plan on finishing it?

Cam S

Screenwriter
Very nice sub! in one of the pics it looks like there are speakers all around the room, are those what I think they are or something else?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
First I've ever seen one crafted like that. As alreay said, very unique and very nicely done.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the nice comments guys,& extra thanks to Dustin for all his help.
The sono I used is 20" by 56" with a 6" by 25" port which if I done everything right should give me around a 17hz tuning point
I haven't decided on my finish yet but I'm thinking about doing it in Birds Eye Maple vineer,but I got to talk the wife into that one first. If I cant get her to let me do that I will be finishing it it birch, 100 bucks compared to almost 400 is quite a big difference.
The caps I just had to try something different out other than just a straight dowel, so I drew out a few different things before I finally settled with what you se here.
In the pictures something you cant see very well is the design on the end caps which look like a radioactive symbol. These are routered in about 1/16th in. I don't know what posessed me to do them for sure other than just being different.

Cam, I'm useing all Polk speakers. I have a CS400i center & RT55i's for front, front surrounds, & rear surrounds. The stands & shelf that they are on I made also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks