What's new

Joel Silver, Jason Dustal and Robert Zohn discuss the HDMI 2.1 format, along with the CEDIA/CTA-RP28 Best Practices standard. (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Check out Bob Archer of CE Pro's interview with Joel Silver, Jason Dustal and Robert Zohn discuss the HDMI 2.1 format, along with the CEDIA/CTA-RP28 Best Practices standard.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
CE Pro's Robert Archer just published the second edition of his interview with Joel Silver, Jason Dustal and me about our 2021 TV and UST Shootout Evaluation event and the current State-of-the-Art in the digital video display industry.

Here's the link to Robert Archer's article. and here's the link to the YouTube video.

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
Check out Bob Archer of CE Pro's interview with Joel Silver, Jason Dustal and Robert Zohn discuss the HDMI 2.1 format, along with the CEDIA/CTA-RP28 Best Practices standard.

Great educational detail in the first half! The second half was genuinely inspirational! Much appreciated!

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.
SMPTE, PVA, THX, ISF, Lion AV Consultants

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Thank you so very much for those very powerful words. I can easily speak for Joel, Jason, myself and our interviewer, Bob Archer that we are extremely grateful to have your acknowledgment in such a meaningful way.

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
Thank you so very much for those very powerful words. I can easily speak for Joel, Jason, myself and our interviewer, Bob Archer that we are extremely grateful to have your acknowledgment in such a meaningful way.
Beauty is therapeutic! You four gentlemen maintain leadership commitment to encourage the faithful reproduction in the home of cinematic art. Cinema continues to provide a way for regular folks to journey beyond their personal lives and relatively confined and narrow perspectives on life and the world. My most recent experience of this culturally significant art form was the presentation of 'Dune' in a local AMC Dolby Cinema. We are very blessed to have five such venues in the Denver Metro area. My wonderful wife and 92-year-old mother accompanied me for the show. All three of us remarked at the end that we wanted MORE!

Dual RGB 4K HDR laser projectors, Dolby Atmos sound, and subtle but effective low frequency effects channel vibration under the seating was a genuinely thrilling and state-of-the-art experience! I have one of these venues within 15 minutes of my house and the only commercial theater I frequent for movies of this stature. A close friend of mine asked me to help him realize a 4K, Dolby Atmos, six seat projection theater in his home. What a joy to have the understanding and skill to help consumers enjoy such a system in their home.

Cinema and video reproduction is science in the service of art! Joe Kane, Joel Silver, and numerous others have helped me appreciate and implement this principle in our shared profession. This forum and others offer a beneficial format for AV industry professionals and experts to interact with and educated consumers as to the importance of technical advancements and the continual quest for excellence of theatrical reproduction in our homes. What you have demonstrated in your interviews is that you guys are consumers too, and strive personally and professionally for excellence in this field of interest. Thanks again for devoting the time and energy to share your insights with this forum.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.
SMPTE, PVA, THX, ISF, Lion AV Consultants

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks