What's new

Joe Vs The Volcano coming from WAC (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Coming, June 2017!
JOE VERSUS THE VOLCANO (1990)
NEW 2017 1080p HD REMASTER
BD50
COLOR - 102 Minutes
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.40:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
DTS HD-Master English 5.1 Stereo
English SDH

Theatrical Trailer (HD)
Vintage Beheind the Scenes Featurette
Music Video - Sixteen Tons w/ Eric Burdon

Laughs erupt when Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan fall in love – and fall in lava – in Joe Versus the Volcano, a stylish comedy written and directed by Moonstruck Academy Award® winner* John Patrick Shanley.

This first teaming of the peerless stars of Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail follows the follies of a stressed-out guy (Hanks) in a dead-end job who is told he has a terminal “brain cloud.” A zany jillionaire (Lloyd Bridges) makes him an offer that gives him a fleeting taste of the good life. In exchange, he must journey to a Pacific island and leap into a volcano. Is Joe doomed to be the last of the red-hot lovers? Not if the forces of imagination, romance and the charm of Ryan in three roles as the women in Joe’s life have their way.

View media item 3978

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
I know, for some reason, a lot of people didn't like this movie when it first came out, but I really liked it. I think Meg Ryan is absolutely terrific in the 3 different parts she plays and I agree the music score is beautiful (although quite similar to his theme from STEEL MAGNOLIAS).

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This is still not listed on the WB Shop site.

It also wasn't part of the one-day sale for June titles (the other three were)

Does anyone know what might be going on.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I didn't think I would like this film going in, but it's a lot of fun. And, as a previous poster mentioned, it has a wonderful Delerue score. And back then, Meg Ryan was incredibly hot. Meaning winsome, of course. ;)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I watched this Saturday. It has been many years since I saw it last.
Very fun film, I missed it. Meg Ryan is adorable in all three roles she plays. Tom Hanks at the top of his career.
Magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks