What's new

Joe Millionaire (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Evan did screw up, but it's because he should have bounced either Melissa M, or Moho, or Sarah. All 3 are gold-digging variety. Plus the smoking of Melissa M and Sarah dropped them totally into a tie for 4th place (just my personal preference thing). Evan should have kept Allison.

I loved Zora's reticence, her and Evan have the most secrets between them, she seems fated to be the most mysterious one to Evan, and that might tip the scales in her favor.

That drawing of Melissa M was just too funny. What a boneheaded gift to give a her on your first official date.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
This was an entertaining episode! :)
The painting was horrible. Like that other girl said, even if it was beatiful, what were you gonna do, hang it in your living room? Boneheaded gift, indeed.
Zora seemed shocked she was picked. Maybe he just liked the "mystique" there, but I bet there isn't much behind the surface.
Does anyone else get the impression that he's not a very good date...? :) He doesn't seem to be able to strike up a natural conversation, and mostly just seems to react to whatever they say by repeating it. Maybe he's a nice guy, but his social skills seem to be even worse than mine (and that's saying a lot! :)).

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
Well, he tossed Alison because he KNOWS he isn't compatible with her. She really did need someone with a lot more sophistication that Evan. So good move. He doesn't know if he is incompatible with Zora yet...even though she seems to be carrying enough baggage to send most men screaming the other way :).
MelM seems to be the most sincere and gets along with him on several levels. My god that painting was horrid looking lol.
OT

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Well Evan really goofed up by dropping Alison, one of the two gems, the other being Zora, that the show managed to unearth. He should have dumped one of the two blondes or maybe Melissa M (the smoking thing is an automatic "bye, bye" in my book). Alison and Zora are, by far, the most beautiful, intelligent, and genuine woman there, and they are also the only two who don't seem at all interested in the money. Of course I didn't see any chemistry between Evan and Alison, so perhaps his decision wasn't totally wrong from a long term perspective, but he certainly should have kept Alison around for another few rounds, because, to be honest, I don't think Evan has any chemistry with any of these women. Zora seems the most compatible with Evan, but I think he's too much of a meathead; he really is clueless when it comes to just about everything (that painting was a hideous gift!). He really needs to take some lessons on the art of conversation, body language, and dating in general; Cupid couldn't help him!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't stand it when Moho does her fake smile, and then does that raised eyebrow thing ... all the time. It's just so transparent and fake. Evan's no brain surgeon, that's for sure. The Butler had it right, Evan has no game for Allison, no idea how to "win" her.

Moho's lack of style and self-awareness (her dreadful hat constantly hitting Evan at the Moulin Rouge) will probably doom her.

Melissa M is a sneaky gold digger who thinks she'll win Evan by just batting her eyes and laughing at his jokes.

Sarah's gold digging nature is brewing up the surface pretty fast. I can't see anything past the physical nature of a relationship with Evan.

Zora could be playing the ultimate game of "playing hard to get" but she lucked up when Allison sabotaged her chances with Evan on the boat. Otherwise, I think Zora would have gotten no jewelry last night. Zora seems to have some self esteem issues, especially in terms of class distinction when it comes to a perceived fiscal imbalance in a budding relationship.

Allison, Allison, Allison, what were you thinking? Well, her romantic/psychological profile (not dealing with the now, always projecting too far ahead in early relationships) made her close off to the possibility of hooking up with Evan in the romantic sense. Booting Allison off might be the biggest regret Evan comes away with on the show.

I'm sure the Butler was hoping that either one of the Melissas would have gotten the boot.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Maybe Zora's secret is that she is really a millionaire? :D
I was surprised to that he kept Zora also. But I think he may see it as a challenge to try and open her up and find out more. Once he does find out about any terrible secrets she has, maybe he thinks she will take it better then the others about him not being a millionaire. But for some reason I think he feels more comfortable about being around Zora, since he let slip that he was digging ditches 3 weeks ago?
Just on a technical note, the scene where they were in the tango class, there was a statue in the back of the room that was clouded out. What reason would there be to edit that statue?
Paul

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Was it really a statue? They blurred all the onlookers at the Moulin Rouge and some other people, so I just assumed that it was a bystander. Otherwise, the reason is obvious: the statue had naked boobies. :)

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
Now that it's down to the final 4, I'm really starting to think that the one who gets picked is going to be the unluckiest of them all. For that reason, I hope Zora *doesn't* get picked and even tho Allison was *by far* the best looking of them all, she was far too smart to have anything in common with such a rube.

And in the end, *any* of them would, barring coming right out and saying "I'm in it for the $$", have the moral highground in telling Evan to f-off for lying to them and playing them for fools on national TV. What reasons has Evan given ANY of them that would make them actually fall for him ? Besides being tall and good looking, he's got pretty much zero qualities that would make a girl fall in love with him. He's stupid, unfunny, crude and, oh yeah, stupid.

Then again, Fox probably did that on purpose so that the $$ would be the only reason why anyone would want to spend their lives with such an idiot.

DeeF

Screenwriter
Evan isn't the brightest, but he isn't bad -- he seems really nice, quite sincere, and of course, gorgeous. He'd be a very good worker-bee/drone for a queen.

But seriously, something I wrote about The Bachelor rings true here, as well -- if I were him, I'd be getting the real phone numbers of everybody, and looking them up after the show. I don't think the show makes for real relationships, but it does bring people together. I think Evan could call up Alison now, and she'd probably love the chance to have a real date with him. Of course, it depends on where they both are.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
That's what I'm starting to suspect too... how else could they possibly have decided to pick someone like this guy?
I do agree he seems like a nice and sincere guy though. Well, except for lying to them about having inherited $50 million. :)

From what I could tell of the statue, it looked to be based on African sterotypes. My guess is they clouded it out to avoid offending anyone, since we all know Fox is the most PC network out there...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just figured out who even reminds me of.
it would be PUDDY from the seinfeld show.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
TonyD, that is so right!! :laugh:
Didn't he even say he liked Arby's? That's Puddy's favorite restaurant. :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I missed the first episode, but I thought from reading about the show that part of the premise was that they were told that he had just recently inherited the $50M so if he did something stupid like talk about ditch digging they could explain it away. Also, I think that might help present him as a down to earth character. But that's just my vague understanding and maybe someone who's seen all the shows can set me straight.

Oh, and Alison would be the last or next to last one I'd drop. Junk the smokers first. :p) (i'd do the puking smiley if i knew how)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/27/03 episode:

Ahhhhh....not sure if Evan tossed out the wrong girl, but either of the last two could have gone.

The bit about Zora and being in a Disney film was frikkin' hilarious, the shots of the deer and rabbits was inspired.

I think Melissa M and Sarah end up with each other.

Mojo showing off her $1 million check to herself was so dumb.

Zora is still my pick for take it all (or take it none).

Is it just me, or does Evan look like Captain Marvel (Shazam!) with his hair slicked back?

DeeF

Screenwriter
I actually like Zora, she seems like a real person. But why won't she talk? What's her story? Sometimes, she doesn't seem to care at all, not about the money, certainly, and not about the whole process. She doesn't seem to really like Evan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks