What's new

Joe Millionaire (2 Viewers)

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
I watched it with my wife and we agreed this should be a hoot. The entire production was done in a humorous way which really gives it the right 'vibe'. I was thinking how awesome it would be to have the Butler role and just laugh you butt off 24/7.:D
Speaking of which - a better twist for this show would have been to replace the butler with a 'friend' who is just a middle class average nice guy and there to support the 'main guy'. However, the opposite would actually be true. The 'friend' would get to spend most of the time with the girls in casual moments and tag along on some of the dates (maybe double dates). He would be the one actually choosing who got cut and in the end the woman would be standing there waiting for a possible proposal and the 'friend' walks out...
Would need some refinement but I think it could be workable. ---evil grin---
OT

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched the show, I don't want to watch the show, I have no interest in watching the show.
But for those who are enjoying it, I hope it's great for you.
Talk radio this morning was talking about it in detail. Supposedly they had some inside info given to them. Of course it could all be made up by the person who emailed them the info (or the radio show). Supposedly the inside info guy was one of the writers of the show. I did not know a reality series needed a writer?
Anyway they said that Joe picks Heidi
at the end of the show. The radio people were not pleased with his pick (if that really is his pick).
And a major secret is at the end after he has picked her, he tells Heidi that he is poor and she dumps him. But in reality he really IS rich.

I do have to ask. What kind of heavy equipment operator living in CA makes only $19K a year?

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Thanks for the links guys. I saw the girls and the one that caught my eye from the promos was Melissa M. Dark curly hair and full lips...mmmmmm.

I must say that those pics on the websites aren't too great.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I wondered about the money hae was making. An equipment operator anywhere should make more than that but usually operates one kind of equipment. HE could just be an all around carpenter/laborer and that would be a bout right for an entry level guy. Maybe he occasionally has to run a backhoe and the TV people thought it would be cool to show him on all kinds of stuff. They also could be reporting his take home to make the number sound lower for TV.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
01/13/02 - episode 2 in this sordid social experiment:
Evan's made his choice for his final five candidates (here's how I'd rank them):
1. Zora has been my pick from the start as well.
2. Alison is my second choice.
3. Melissa M is sort of cute, too much laughy face though.
4. Sarah does nothing for me.
5. Melissa Jo = Moho. She's the biggest overt gold digger of the bunch.
Paul Hogans's critique were very pointed and humorous at spots.
(Edited to fix Melissa's last initial - M, not W).

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Melissa W is, by faR, my least favourite.

I don't want to break my nails ,,, uuuh oh Well I'm an "indoor girl"

UGH!

I'm very happy with both Zora and Alison.

Brent

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Very glad that Heidi is gone. I loved the way she got all excited when the butler told the girls that the ones that were picked were going to Paris, but then she realized she did not get picked.

My wife also has pulled for Zora to win as well.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Zora is still my favorite too. The other ones were good picks, but I would have traded Mojo for Dayana. Yeah, she seemed like a rather high maintenance girl, but I don't mind. She had nice curves. :)
Does it seem to anyone else like Fox didn't get as much out of this as they wanted? The show is just packed with commercials, and the opening segment is like 5 minutes. There doesn't seem to be much more more than about 30 minutes of actual footage in the hour. And what's up with the host Alex McLeod only doing the small intro for the selection process? I wonder if they shot more footage of her but it didn't work out or something. Otherwise, why not just let the butler take care of that too?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Hehe, yeah. Isn't that always the case, it was a morning talk radio show after all. :) Fortunately I didn't read it until now.

BrandonL

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering, what does Joe say to the girls about what he did before? Does he say he was a construction worker before inheriting the money? I assume some of those girls are bright. Wouldn't they be able to tell if he came from some type of wealthy background? I guess there seems to be a lot to this show that bores me. But this part made me very curious as to how it works.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
19K for a construction worker? Very suspicious. I remember hearing that a crane operator specializing in loading/unloading container ships normally has a six figure salary.

If at the end of the series the "winner" dumps the guy, I can understand that perfectly. He lied to her from the beginning. How trustworthy can he be in a serious relationship?

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
If at the end of the series the "winner" dumps the guy, I can understand that perfectly. He lied to her from the beginning. How trustworthy can he be in a serious relationship?
That is the biggest problem I see with the premise of this show. No matter how big a gold-digger the woman might be she can merely claim she isn't going to pursue a relationship because she can't trust Joe. It is the obvious and only solution for any woman who wants an 'out'.

OT

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
This originally struck me as another tiresome exploitative reality blah-blah-blah, but curiosity got the better of me. I was well rewarded for my trouble. Who wouldn't want to watch 12 gorgeous, out-for-money women be utterly humiliated and degraded for an hour? Now THAT's entertainment! Shoveling shit, shoveling coal, picking grapes in the cold and rain, yeah! Abuse these wenches! :D Sweet revenge for those of us guys who are not Adonis with Megabucks and would never be given the time of day by these contestants, and I'm sure entertaining for the non-knockout women also to see them get a taste of life for a change.
I'd agree that Zora's the favorite right now; she had a great attitude about the whole thing (she really got into the shit-shoveling) and is pretty hot to boot. Mojo talks about herself too much; she comes off as completely stuck on herself. Alison to me is the most appealing but from what little we saw I almost get the feeling she has sensed there's something not quite right here. She's kind of keeping her distance, wisely as it turns out. I laughed at Heidi's complaints that Evan was "totally random" in his selections. Or, Heidi, maybe he just perceived that you were a whiny lying stuck-up bitch? I'd guess that once the secret boyfriend at home sees this, Heidi will be in the market for another one.
It was interesting that ole Evan is feeling guilty about the whole thing. One almost feels bad for the one who "wins" this exercise. Paul Hogan is a riot. Totally dry, bitter and cynical about the whole operation. Love it!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
It was funny how Fox translated Heidi's "broken" French for all to see.
That was awesome! I love how all of the other girls leaving were packing their own things but Heidi was making Paul run around and look for her bag. What a total b*tch!
And I love the sadistic pleasure Paul took in describing the situation. :) "too bad she's not staying so she could improve on her French" I fell on the floor.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
And I'm sure she would hold to that logic if the guy turned out to be worth $500 million instead of $50 million. Being honest about how much you make is more important than the actual amount.

Right?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I love his reason for choosing Sarah. To paraphrase, "she's not the kind of person I usually go for personality-wise, but she's HOT so I'm giving her another chance."
Way to go, Joe. That's exactly how I choose my women too. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks