Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Wallace, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

NOTE: Thread should read "Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials". For some reason, it doesn't appear that way...
    (I know this is a software piece, but I would consider it a calibration tool, just like an SPL meter)
    In the most recent issue of The Perfect Vision, there's an article/review with a small bit of info about Joe Kane's opinion and that he used a new test from the forthcoming disc to get there. Something about it being in anamorphic and containing new format tests, such as DTS-ES and Surround EX,etc. Sorry for not having more information, but I thought some here would be very interested.
    For the record, I'm an AVIA man all the way - thanks to Guy for all the support on this site [​IMG]
    Matt
    [Edited last by Matt Wallace on September 10, 2001 at 03:30 AM]

2. Mario_C

Mario_C Stunt Coordinator

3. John-D

John-D Stunt Coordinator

I believe an enthusiast should have access to both disks.
    Waiting anxiously for an anamorphic DTS-ES discrete AVIA...
    ------------------
    The things we own end up owning us

4. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo Supporting Actor

AVIA's test patterns are already anamorphic but you do have to trigger the display to switch modes manually. The patterns in the Widescreen Enhanced section are the ones which actually depend on their shape to work correctly on a 16:9 enhanced display. The remainder of patterns for setting color and signal levels work on either 4:3 or 16:9 modes.
    I cannot comment on future AVIA version(s) [​IMG]

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i posted a separate thread on this new disc, but i'll include my question here just in case:
    does anyone have any info on this? i checked their website and was surprised to see this: