What's new

Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials (1 Viewer)

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
NOTE: Thread should read "Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials". For some reason, it doesn't appear that way...
(I know this is a software piece, but I would consider it a calibration tool, just like an SPL meter)
In the most recent issue of The Perfect Vision, there's an article/review with a small bit of info about Joe Kane's opinion and that he used a new test from the forthcoming disc to get there. Something about it being in anamorphic and containing new format tests, such as DTS-ES and Surround EX,etc. Sorry for not having more information, but I thought some here would be very interested.
For the record, I'm an AVIA man all the way - thanks to Guy for all the support on this site
wink.gif

Matt
[Edited last by Matt Wallace on September 10, 2001 at 03:30 AM]

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
I believe an enthusiast should have access to both disks.
Waiting anxiously for an anamorphic DTS-ES discrete AVIA...
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
AVIA's test patterns are already anamorphic but you do have to trigger the display to switch modes manually. The patterns in the Widescreen Enhanced section are the ones which actually depend on their shape to work correctly on a 16:9 enhanced display. The remainder of patterns for setting color and signal levels work on either 4:3 or 16:9 modes.
I cannot comment on future AVIA version(s)
wink.gif

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i posted a separate thread on this new disc, but i'll include my question here just in case:
does anyone have any info on this? i checked their website and was surprised to see this:
Among the features of Video Essentials, that will not be replicated in any future program, is the "Montage of Images" in Chapter 1 of Title 19. It has become the industry reference for evaluating most aspects of video systems, including differences between composite and component, progressive and interlaced video, and the ability of video processors to recognize progressive video within an interlaced signal....It may be wise to stock-up while they're still available.
it appears one of their major features on the old version won't be included on the new one? now why would they do that?
anyway, i was thinking about picking this up, but now i'm not sure if i should wait for this new digital version?
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks