What's new

Job search advice (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Having just finished my Master's thesis a couple of weeks ago, I've been starting to look for a full time job, and the prospects are looking pretty bleak. When I finished my undergraduate degree two years ago, the tech market had just gone belly up, which was part of the impetus to start the Master's degree. Now I'm sitting here with two engineering degrees (both from in Systems Design Engineering from the University of Waterloo-the master's with a specialization in AI and co-operative robotic systems), and I'm trying to get back into the job finding game. I've found that most companies you talk to though tend to say "check our website", but when you apply to jobs online you may never hear back from anyone.

Anyone have any strategies for finding good jobs? Anyone work for a company within about an hour's drive of Kitchener/Waterloo that's hiring?

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Don't underestimate temp jobs. I think more and more companies are leaning towards temp workers. I started as a temp at my current job and that was almost 3 years ago.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Work as a temp and make yourself invaluable. Worked for me. I was part-time, and they fired the guy who had my job in April and gave it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks