JK2:JO Hints/Tips/Explanations (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Lenhardt, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Lemme start.
    I'm at level 1.2 I'm at the place with the water that hurts. I have 15 blaster ammo left. I am at next to zero health. I've killed the two flying droids and the stormtroopers on the ramp to the room with all the turrets. I haven't killed the two stormtroopers and the imperial officer in the room yet. What do I do next?

2. James St

James St Supporting Actor

I think I remember this area. If you are where I think you are then try this.

Kill the stormtroopers and officer in the room then go to the window. You should be able to shoot out the glass to the room if it isn't already. Shoot the switch on the wall to unlock your next move. I don't remember if extends the bridge or unlocks the room in the middle though.

Hope this helps you out.

3. Adam Lenhardt

Thanks alot, it did![​IMG]

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

That's where I'm stuck too [​IMG] I also have no ammo left, killed the 2 probe droids, but where do I go after that? There's nothing to do, nowhere to go. If I jump on the pipes they just blow up and I die

5. Adam Lenhardt

OK, let me add to James' summary.
    Take the overhang to the left to the elevator. Ride it down, and tazer the two stormies. Take their guns to get ammo. Then ride the elevator back to the top level, and go back to where you first came into the room. If you haven't already, go back on the yellow and black striped ramp, and jump across the gap to the other side with the pipes. Search around... there should be some hand gernades laying about. Take them, and switch to bryar. Take the overhang to your right all the way around until the stormies and the officer see you. Shoot them all. Then switch to the gernades. get fairly close to the window on the overhang, and thow a gernade at the panel on the wall. It will blow up, and several ramps will extend. The one you're interested in is from the central thing on the top layer to the door to the left of the window you just threw the gernade threw. Take that, and continue[​IMG]

6. James St

Thanks, Adam. I'm in Bespin right now so all the earlier levels are getting pretty hard for me to remember. Some of these areas are a real pain in the ass.

7. Jeff Kleist

Now I'm stuck on that part where you have to jump onto the conveyor sleds. It's cheating, and no matter what I do, even if I manage to jump onto the lip of the door I can't get onto one.

Who beta tested this? This is ludicrously hard

Where are the cheat codes? I remember JK had one that let you "fly". Boy that would come in handy to beat the cheating.

8. James St

Jeff, are you talking about the room with the broken droid in it. That one gave me problems as well. I agree some of these puzzles are a little too hard. I'm currently in Bespin and it's no exception. It's not very fun getting my ass handed to me over and over again by Desann's apprentice.

Try this

First destroy the reactors under the room. There is a pipe outside that extends to blow steam out of the room. Jump on it before it retracts then jump down and climb through it. You will need to be fast in order to destroy all five reactors before they turn on again. Afterwards you can return to the room and use the high arches in the room to jump onto the sled.

9. Jeff Kleist

This is only on the 2nd level, There's this rock that you can climb to the top of to jump onto the sled, I found a hint guide on GameFAQs, and the ydon't say anything about destroying reactors.

Thanks!

10. Jeff Kleist

11. James St

I tried jumping on the ledge from the rocks but was never able to make it. I had to go through the room right when the sled went throughthe doors. I also couldn't get from the ledge onto the sled.

12. Adam Lenhardt

Nar Shaddaa is a pain right in the ass! I have to basically kill a guy, quicksave, get killed by the next guy, load the last quicksave and shoot where the guy who killed me was and hope I kill him.
    When they all use gernades and sniper rifles, your lightsabers useless.

13. Jeff Kleist

Yes, Nar Shadda is a PAIN IN THE BUTT!

Use the cheat codes my son (OK, I did it on 1 or 2 parts, but played through most legit)

14. Adam Lenhardt

Once I got off ground level, it wasn't so bad. Still haven't had to use any cheats. Right now, I'm on a yellow and black striped overhand thingy looking down at a floating garbage truck before attempting to force pull the other overhang thingy towards me[​IMG].

15. Jeff Kleist

you can also do the realistic damage by typing g_saberRealisticCombat 1

into the console. First you must activate cheats with helpusobi 1

16. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

I agree, Nar Shaddaa is tough. I think it's been one of the toughest levels in all three games.

I just finished Medal of Honor: Allied Assault a few weeks ago, though, and I thought that game's "Snipertown" was worse. I had to do the same thing Adam did -- kill a sniper, quicksave, and start looking for the next one.

All things considered, I don't know if this is better than JK so far but it's pretty close. If they had only released an Xbox version. . .

17. Ash Williams

Ash Williams Second Unit

I find the "noclip" cheat code comes in quite handy. I wish the would have added a compass to point you to your next objective like in Medal of Honor.