What's new

JJ Abrams-produced Monster movie (Codename: Cloverfield) (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
From http://kaliyugatheory.blogspot.com/

"I've compiled my ideas and research into a blogger column here: http://kaliyugatheory.blogspot.com/ so as not to continue spamming the one thread I already made.

In short - I believe the movie MAY be related to Kali Yuga, the Hindu end times where wrath is brought onto the sinful and the cycle comes round again. It is marked by great wars between the Gods, which sounds strikingly similar to the text appearing on the blogger site and found in java code previously.

Some notes to support this, which are found within the text of my theory:
-On Jan 18th of 2008, the ritual of Paryaya will occur. This is a rite that occurs only every other year where the sacred management of a great temple in India occurs.
-Shiva, who has in history been known as Rudra and Bhairava, has even more names in these guises. Shiva, of course, is the destroyer, a being that is sometimes known as an archer, with great arrows from the heavens. He is also called the 'transformer,' perhaps causing a great pun considering the teaser's provenance. Rudra is also called the roaring, or the howling. And Bhairava is also often depicted carrying a severed head. All of this symbolism can be seen in the teaser.
-Albert Pike, a name coming up in server researches, does indeed connect to all this. While he's best known as being a favorite in Freemason conspiracy theory due to being a possible Luciferian, etc, he began in his youth to study the Vedic texts that had just been translated. He devoted a great deal of his writing to various gods of various cultures and is said to have meditated heavily on Hindu philosophy.

Incidentally, JJ Abrams seems to enjoy working possible Buddhist/Hindu themes into LOST, so you've got that, too. I'm not married to this theory, but I like it a heck of a lot better than the Godzilla stuff.

I will be honest - if it turns out to be Cthulhu, I'd still be happy."

I think its....
:D

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
A giant Hindu God would be kind of cool.

My first thought, when I heard that they referred to the monster as the "Parasite", was to think of how coastal cities send their sludge through giant pipes out to sea. Boston rebuilt theirs recently, and I assume New York has them too. So my first thought was that some kind of sh't-eating monster gets grumpy about the quality of the sludge and goes up to the land to complain.

But the Hindu God angle sounds more elegant.

The truth probably lies somewhere on the spectrum from sh't-eating-monster to religious diety.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Squirtle!

Neh, I'd figure it'd have to be a Shadow Pokemon if it's a Pokemon. Could be a Lucario or a Mew-Too

:)

(damn, the power of having little kids)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Let me spare some of you on a few facts:

First, the Japanese don't pronounce it as "Godzilla." They pronounce it as "Gojira." There isn't a "D" in the Japanese language. If you watch the GINO movie made by Sony & Tri-Star, the Japanese fisherman says Gojira, but to Americans, it sound slike Godzilla ...

Secondly, Toho retired the Gojira film series for at least another several years because of low revenue for the films at the box office. But, there is a CGI Gojira movie being produced by an independent U.S. company that is being funded by Toho, who owns the rights to the films ...

Finally, all of the ethanhaaswasright.com and ethanhaaswaswrong.com are websites tied into a spectacular video game called Alpha Omega, being released by Mindstorm. This was uncovered by Aint It Cool.com.

To make things even worse, JJ Abrams has said that only the 1-18-08.com site is tied into the movie. They've even added a new picture, a third photograph. I've even uncovered some startling information regarding the image with the two women:

http://www.goddess-project.net/board...ndpost&p=72862

Also, if the series is filmed entirely like the Blair Witch Project I won't be seeing it. I hated the BWP and the style of filming and it's distracting as hell ... also, I seriously don't think that the movie will be ready for its release on time considering that they just started filming last month.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel

I agree. Couldn't handle another BWP style movie. I was that close to hurling my popcorn during that one. But surely a movie of this "size" wouldn't rely solely on hand held footage.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I think that the movie itself will be filmed standard widescreen with only a small part utilizing hand held camcorders ... also, expect the budget to go past the initial 30 million. Movies never stay on budget ...

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Saw the trailer online, and I'm definitely excited about this movie. Big fan of Alias and Lost, and loved MI:3. JJ Abrams has not disappointed me yet.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Agreed that this movie looks great, and when my friend and I saw the teaser before TF my friend said Godzilla 2? and I told him I doubted it, the first (Emmerich) one was a flop.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
LOL! :laugh:

Better not be pokemon! :D

I've seen this trailer 3 times already and it's still creepy as hell. Can't wait to find out more.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter

If I had the requisite software I've been wanting to do a little stealth edit to the trailer and add a title to it, just after JJ Abrams name, in the same font and style as the text at the end bring up "Pokemon: They'll catch us all."

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
At least JJ Abrams has clarified that this is a brand new monster and the fact that this will the Godzilla for the United States, an original series oif kaiju film for the United States, this is a good thing.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I don't see where he said it was a Godzilla clone. Any kind of monster in that genre will be compared to Godzilla.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer

Ditto here...I almost puked twice while sitting to close at Blair Witch...then I almost puked from having had to sit through such a total POS movie... :)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Ok so am I correct that they say "it" sounded like an animal...then one dude said he saw it and it was like a lion....?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks