Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough submitted a new blog post

Jivaro 3D Blu-ray Review
Jivarotop.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for this review, but I don't know about this movie. I'm not a fan of Lamas so I'm not sure I want to do a blind-buy on this title.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Well I've already pre-ordered mine and I can't wait. Literally. 3DFA makes me wait so damn long between releases (like this) that I do want that I wind up having to buy the ones I don't want (APE, Stewardesses) just to feed my golden/silver-age 3D jones....

Bradskey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Davis
I love these releases and am collecting them all. Universal, TT and WB (?) I think have put out a few of these vintage 3D films, but 3DFA does the best job on them. Even when the movies themselves are not that great, they are a guilty pleasure and a feast for the eyes. Especially in widescreen and technicolor! Always feels like a time traveled to the 1950s.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The commentaries that your group records are always among my favorites. Great blend of information, anecdotes and good personalities. I’m looking forward to this one too!

I need to warn the wife that this will be the movie selection of the night on its release date! :)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The commentaries that your group records are always among my favorites. Great blend of information, anecdotes and good personalities. I’m looking forward to this one too!

I need to warn the wife that this will be the movie selection of the night on its release date! :)

Thank you very much, Josh.

Hillary Hess, Jack Theakston, Greg Kintz and (making his first of many commentary track appearances) Mike Ballew really hit a grand slam on this one.

I must say - in my humble opinion - with their scholarly discussion of lens and variable interaxial settings, convergence and other technical matters with the remarkable Paravision camera rig, it is by far the most comprehensive and technically informative commentary track on any vintage 3-D feature to date!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Finally watched Sangaree last night. If this is anything like that one, we're in for a great treat! Hopefully Jivaro is actually a better movie than Sangaree, but the presentation was nearly flawless to my eyes, especially considering the elements the 3D Archive had to work with. Awesome job!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I think the color is stronger on Jivaro than on Sangaree. Just personal opinion, of course, but I found the color here very appealing throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks