What's new

Jingle all the Way recall? (1 Viewer)

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
This film is 5 or 6 years old, with theatrical, video, and DVD releases under its belt, to say nothing of having been shown on television a bunch of times. So, why is it being pulled at this late date? Surely the person whose claim this is has known for years that Fox produced and released this film. Seems a bit odd to me -- other films with similar claims made against them have had the claims lodged and publicized usually during or shortly after their theatrical releases. I'm not saying the claims aren't true, but it does seem a little odd this much after the fact, don't you think?

Deborah

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Well, ebay already has some new listings for:

"JINGLE ALL THE WAY DVD SEALED OOP RARE RECALL"

So it starts...

Maybe I could trade my copy for Criterion The Killer. LOL

-Vince

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I just purchased a copy tonight at Borders for $14.99 in addition to using a 10% off coupon - not a bad price.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Resurrecting an old one here...

This title is listed for re-release on 10/12 at both Amazon and DVDEmpire. I'm surprised there hasn't been mention of this already (did a search for all threads with Jingle in the title and this was the only one that came up.)

Here's hoping it's now 16x9 enhanced...

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
This title is listed for re-release on 10/12 at both Amazon and DVDEmpire.
Thanks for the heads up Andrew.
At times like this, I miss DVDFile for the "Heads up with specs".:frowning: The first DVD was released on November 3, 1998 and I was hoping for an anamorphic transfer since October 2002, when they rereleased "The Santa Clause" in anamorphic splendor.
Paul

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Note: The original DVD is approx. 85 minutes and both DVD Empire and DVD Planet list the new version with 88 minutes. Three extra minutes? Nice, if true.:emoji_thumbsup:
Paul

Beau

Supporting Actor
Now that Arnold is Governer of California, this movie and "Last Action Hero" are no longer considered bad movies. Everybody should buy this DVD and watch it all day long. They'll call October 12th "Jingle All The Day"!:D

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Well DVDEmpire has a somewhat blurry screenshot of the back cover, but it's definitely a new disc. It is now a flipper, much like Fox's recent catalog titles. It has a 4:3 and widescreen side. Now, it's very hard to tell from the pic, but it almost looks like it says anamorphic. DVDEmpire lists it as anamorphic in the specs. I'm going to order it, as $10 is worth the 16:9 upgrade to me, and I'm sure I won't have a problem getting rid of my extra copy.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
It's a no-brainer for me since I never picked up the recalled one. (Esp. is anamorphic is true)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
The 10/12/04 release of Jingle All The Way may be anamorphic video, but the specifications for the sound is listed as English DD surround. The old version had 5.1 DD Surround.:confused: :frowning: Hope this isn't true.
Paul

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Fox recently sent out review copies of the new Jingle All the Way.

It is definitely anamorphic widescreen--as well as full-screen on the opposite side of the disc.

It definitely has Dolby Digital 5.1--as well as Dolby surround. You can choose either English option from the menu. It also has French audio.

The film is 88 minutes through the end credits, which has always been the movie's length, according to various sources.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Can anyone give me a link of where this is actually available? I have been trying to pick up a copy since it came out. This has been OOP for years! I had to buy the Laserdisc because this is so scarce.

Ryan

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
it should be available anywere you can buy a dvd.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Ryan,

Try DVDEmpire or Amazon. I have mine on pre-order from DVDEmpire.

Randy,

Thanks for the info! I wonder if maybe the 4:3 side has only 2.0? I was just thinking that could be why the back cover doesn't try to explain the 5.1 only exists for the widescreen side.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Randy A. Salas wrote:
The film is 88 minutes through the end credits, which has always been the movie's length, according to various sources.
Interesting. The back of the 11/3/1998 release I have has “1996, Color, Approx. 85 Minutes.” Either a shorter version or most probably a printing error.
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks