What's new

Jimmy Kimmel to replace Bill Maher! (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Still a horrible decision. I don't think Kimmel has the chops to go out on his own like this. I'm still shocked he was able to do more than be Ben Stein's lackey. Bring back Maher. At least that was a fun show to watch.

I suppose we can look forward to Man Show inanity on Network TV now.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Before we think having Kimmel hosting his own show be a horrible decision, why don't we see it 1st.

I personally am glad to see Maher off TV. PI got to be a very dull show, IMHO. I love Jimmy and Adam, and I hope the show succeeds, because I will miss The Man Show.

-Dean-

Jodee

Screenwriter
All I know is that I will be soon be watching about 2.5 hours less of ABC every week.

Politically Incorrect was a nightly show for me.

Come fall, Alias & The Practice will be the only two hours of ABC I'll watch.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Count me as another dude who's miffed. Without PI, the only ABC I'll watch is Monday Night Football. They have lost me as a viewer, and are now my least favorite network.

The sad thing is, I believe PI was still doing well in the ratings.

The optimist in me makes me hope that Bill will get a cable show and not have to worry about the Disney Empire (cue Imperial March theme music).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I didn't watch the show, but I'm still pissed that he's getting canned for voicing an unpopular opinion. The first amendment's become a joke... Capitalism has underminded.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
And undermined. However it's not capitalism, it'd democracy. And careful with the political :) Even if this is PI.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Before we think having Kimmel hosting his own show be a horrible decision, why don't we see it 1st.
Hmm let's see:

Win Ben Steins Money: He sucked
The Man Show: He sucked big donkey balls
Any time he is interviewed: Mammoth levels of whale penis suckage

This guy has NEVER been funny, and putting him on his own, AWAY from Adam Corrola is the death knoll of his career, trust me. This show will get pulled, and pulled FAST. You heard it here first.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
This guy has NEVER been funny, and putting him on his own, AWAY from Adam Corrola is the death knoll of his career, trust me. This show will get pulled, and pulled FAST. You heard it here first.
Again, this is your opinion. I happen to think Jimmy is very funny and again I hope his show does good. I think Jimmy is great on the Fox NFL pre-game show and when he sits in on the Howard Stern Show he is hilarious.
IMHO, Bill Maher is a pompous ass and I never found him to be the slightest bit funny. Again this is all IMHO. :)
-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks