What's new

Jimi Hendrix albums (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hi,
I just got the Best Of CD, but I am a little dissapointed in the sound, as there is a LOT of noise. I seem to remember my favorite "Hey Joe!" sounding cleaner on tape my mini system! I know the better the system (Paradigm Monitor 7, Onkyo 575x) the more obvious the imperfections.
But.
"Are you experienced" has been digitally remastered. At least that is what is marked on it. The Best Of CD does not have any such thing written on it. Does that mean the former will sound better? Will it be a significant improvement? Has anyone compared the two?
TIA
--
Holadem

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
This will get moved to the Music Forum. Anyway, I have the remastered Are You Experienced album and it does sound pretty good. Probably better than the Best Of album which I don't have. In any case, you should definitely pick up AYE - it's a classic! :)
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Holadem,
WE HAVE A MUSIC AREA!
I'm moving this there.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna trade DVDs with me?? Click here

Jay W

Supporting Actor
I have the 'JH Experience' box set, the majority of tracks sound fine to me. I recommend this if you are a fan.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Be sure and look for the "family approved" stuff. They got control of Jimi's music a little while back, and have been releasing remastered versions of his albums. Everything I've gotten that they've handled sounds good, plus the money (as much as the record companies actually give out) goes to the right people now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks