Jimi Hendrix albums

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Holadem, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Hi,
    I just got the Best Of CD, but I am a little dissapointed in the sound, as there is a LOT of noise. I seem to remember my favorite "Hey Joe!" sounding cleaner on tape my mini system! I know the better the system (Paradigm Monitor 7, Onkyo 575x) the more obvious the imperfections.
    But.
    "Are you experienced" has been digitally remastered. At least that is what is marked on it. The Best Of CD does not have any such thing written on it. Does that mean the former will sound better? Will it be a significant improvement? Has anyone compared the two?
    TIA
    --
    Holadem

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

This will get moved to the Music Forum. Anyway, I have the remastered Are You Experienced album and it does sound pretty good. Probably better than the Best Of album which I don't have. In any case, you should definitely pick up AYE - it's a classic! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
    -- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Holadem,
    WE HAVE A MUSIC AREA!
    I'm moving this there.
    -Vince
    ------------------
    http://www.musicianassist.com
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Anyone wanna trade DVDs with me?? Click here

4. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

I have the 'JH Experience' box set, the majority of tracks sound fine to me. I recommend this if you are a fan.

5. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Be sure and look for the "family approved" stuff. They got control of Jimi's music a little while back, and have been releasing remastered versions of his albums. Everything I've gotten that they've handled sounds good, plus the money (as much as the record companies actually give out) goes to the right people now.