What's new

Jim Van Bebber screaming messages from Don May's answering machine (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking for the MP3 files of the messages that Jim Van Bebber left on Don May's (from Synapse Films) answering machine.
Synapse Films used ot have them posted on thier site- it was a drunken Van Bebber screaming about the horrible transfer quality of his film Deadbeat at Dawn.
They don't seem to be posted anymore- so I was hoping someone had copies, or maybe knew of a place they were still housed online.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Vince, check your e-mail!
Bleddyn,
Simply put, you rule.
Thanks a ton!
Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
You're very welcome, Vince!
Enjoy!
wink.gif

Bleddyn

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Bleddyn, if you want to email them to me, I can post them on my server.
------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Kyle, I'll do that. I only have a 56k connection so am not really set up for mass mailings. Your hosting would be great for anyone else who might want them.
Perhaps you can post the URL here when they up and ready.....
Bleddyn
[Edited last by Bleddyn Williams on September 09, 2001 at 05:04 PM]

Bob Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
WOW! Was he PO'd or what?
Thanks for the chance to listen to it.
By the way, did he have a right to be angry?Anyone have the disc?

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
As far as I can tell... The transfer looked fine.
I can't imagine what Van Bebber's version would have looked like...
The guy is just a freak....
Don has always be a profectionist when producing dvd's. His work at ELITE says it all.
Dugger

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Carl,

I accidentally bumped it when doing a search for the Synapse Films website.

No biggie- maybe some new people will be exposed to the wonder of Jim Van Bebber.

-Vince

PS: You know you never sent me that SASE for the fox demo dvd back at x-mas! I went ahead and gave it to someone else (after waiting for 3 months).

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
LOL. What a coinkiydink. I had forgotten these were on my server, and just noticed them this morning when I was looking at all my folders.
Synapse? Isn't that the "Global Communication Company" in Antitrust? :)
Since I let the domain name expire, i'll edit the link to include my IP.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I think these messages probably sell more copies of this DVD than any good review could! This guy is like Mark from American Movie combined with every angry guy you've encountered in a townie bar.
Seriously, if you haven't heard these- download them- absolutely hilarious (and makes you want to see the film!)
BTW- here's a review of the film in question, "DEADBEAT AT DAWN", from thedigitalbits!
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...eatatdawn.html
Van Bebber is a crazy man. Now, I'm not saying that based on any mental condition or anything I know about him. And as much as I would like to be able to claim I've meet him, I haven't. I say that he's crazy, because the guy actually jumped off a bridge to get a shot. He repelled down the side of a huge car garage, just because he thought it would look pretty righteous. He even threw ninja stars at his cast, thinking that it would look cool, and they could jump out of the way quickly enough not to get hit. Van Bebber seems like a guy who would do just about anything in the name of film. And judging by this film, he has.
I guess Jim was in prison when the transfer for the film was made, and despite everyones assessment that it is the best the film has ever (or could ever) look- Jim is decidedly disappointed with the quality.
He calls Don May (the guy who put out the disc) and drunkenly attempts to express his displeasure.
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Jim just keeps calling back like every couple minutes:
8:55 is the 1st,
9:10 is the 2nd,
9:31 is the 3rd,
9:52 is the 4th,
10:04 is the 5th,
10:16 is the 6th
Then #7 is later in the week- and the Jim Returns one is like a few months later.
"How long are you going to play matador, and wave this fucking red flag in front of my face??'
Priceless.
-V

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
I remember listening to those back when he posted them. They are hilarious, albeit a bit scary. Like your next door neighbor who accuses you of getting his daught... oh nevermind.

Was this when he was locked-up or after?

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Vince;

About Fox Demo DVD thing… I sent you an e-mail about that, and I don't think I ever got a response. I'd kind of forgotten about it since then. I can live without it, but I hope there's not hard feelings if you were waiting for something that never came. My apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks