Jim Mora - FIRED by the Colts

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael D. Bunting, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    Mora is a Colt no more

Jim Mora was fired today as coach of the Indianapolis Colts.

The ouster capped days of uncertainty over the coach's future with the club.

Colts President Bill Polian said Mora was fired after he refused to agree to replace defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, who had worked for Mora during each of his head coaching stops since 1983.

“We couldn’t find a way to bridge that gap,” Polian said. “That was my only disagreement with Jim Mora.”

Polian acknowledged that the Colts were not talented enough this past season, but said he thought a change in defensive philosophy also was needed.

As a Colts fan - I kinda liked Mora - but I do think this firing is much needed if the Colts want to improve.

I just hope they get somebody good - with a little more toughness to them than what Mora has shown this season.

2. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Maybe they'll hire Spurrier since they have a great QB/RB/WR tandem and Spurrier has shown he can score a ton of points with his system.
    Then I can start hating the Colts as I have pretty much vowed to hate any team coached by Spurrier. [​IMG]

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

No great loss to me. I don't like Mora. As he would say, "He sucked! He just plain sucked!" [​IMG]

4. Jason P

Jason P Stunt Coordinator

Too bad he was fired instead of being let go. It would have made for a classic Mora press conference. I can hear his shrill, squeaky voice now:
    "LAYOFFS?!?! LAYOFFS?!?! YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT LAYOFFS?!?! I just hope I can get another job!!!
    Alright that was corny, but I had to try.[​IMG]

5. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    I can understand why he got fired. He didn't do didley poo this year. :b

6. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

>>"LAYOFFS?!?! LAYOFFS?!?! YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT LAYOFFS?!?! I just hope I can get another job!!!

7. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Please, oh please - don't let Spurrier go to Indy. Think about it. He'd be coaching Peyton Manning. That just wouldn't work. Being the Volunteer that he is, he'd have to lay a big Orange smackdown on his whining ass.

8. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Does anyone have links to WAV files of Mora's famous blow-ups?

9. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    I would like to hear all those remarks by Mora also!!
    If I have some time later tonight or this week - I'll try to find a few wavs on the net - If I find any - I'll put them on on my web site for everybody to listen (and Laugh [​IMG] ) to.
    Diddly Poo