What's new

Jim Henson's TOYS coming to DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
:)

According to forum member "GelflingWaldo" of MuppetCentral.com - a recent email to 'Hit! Entertainment' regarding the possibility of a DVD release for “The Christmas Toy” and the subsequent TV Show, “The Secret Life of Toys”, returned the following response courtesy of the Director of Corporate Communications and Investor Relations for HIT Entertainment...

Though obviously nothing has been confirmed, this is as-close to a confirmation as possible, I think... sounds very promising and I'm really excited!!!

Way to go HIT!!!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
This is good news! '05 is shaping up to be quite a good year for Henson stuff on DVD.

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
There's a heated debate going on among Henson fans that Kermit has been removed from the November release of THE CHRISTMAS TOY.

You'll recall that Kermit opens the show, then introduces the viewer to the cast of characters, previews the plot...and finally returns at the end of the show to join the cast in a closing song.

It would not be the first time that Di$ney has yanked the Green Guy out of a Henson DVD release (Otter's Jug Band). However, this would be removing an integral part of the original TV special, IMHO.

The VHS release runs 50 minutes; the DVD runs 48 minutes, which leads me to sadly suspect that Kermit is toast.

Has anyone viewed a screener?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks