What's new

JFK SE - Triple dip anyone? (1 Viewer)

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Probably the same transfer, but I wish they would do a new transfer for the film though. The allready released 2 disc SE is really good looking, however, compared to my old UK Director's Cut VHS it's missing some information on both sides. :frowning:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I will probably pick this up, as I was disappointed that this documentary wasn't on the current 2 disc. Only problem is it wont fit in my Oliver Stone Box Set.:frowning:

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'm content with my 2 disc edition that is part of the oliver stone set. JFK is also one of my favorite movies.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
I think they're just doing this because it's an easy title to translate to their "Two-Disc Special Edition" line. Most of them include a previously made documentary on the second disc, "Bacall on Bogart," "Battle Over Citizen Kane," "Musicals Great Musicals," and now "Beyond JFK: The Question of Conspiracy."

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
This would be a perfect opportunity to correct the framing and the pops on the soundtrack that happened a couple of times on the previous special edition.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
I'll buy it, haven't seen the picture in years. Not being a scholar of American History...was Kennedy's assassination anything to do with wanting to pull the troops out of Nam? A possible motive?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Let's save talk about the event itself for another thread. That would be "After Hours" stuff. Wait until November, though.

Real Name
Anthony
Does this documentary also function as a decent "making-of", which is what the last s.e lacked, imo.
I'm loathe to double-dip this one but I will if the proportion of "making-of" to "conspiracy-theory" is worth it. Alternatively, I could buy the doc for cheap on VHS:frowning:
Advice ?

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
hmmmm...Ive always wondered, if it were simply the case of "a lone nut" who supposedly killed JFK, why the Government would lock all the finer points of the investigation into Federal archives until 2030 AD? What is someone trying to hide?
Maybe the new documentry will shed some light on this.

Now I agree, the WMD may have been fiction-I dont believe JFK the film is...;-)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Please, before this thread gets closed, follow the advice from Jack and save the discussion about the assassination for elsewhere.

DJ

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
"Ive always wondered, if it were simply the case of "a lone nut" who supposedly killed JFK, why the Government would lock all the finer points of the investigation into Federal archives until 2030 AD?"

Simple. They didn't. That's just another of the film's many tall tales, and that's all I should say about this.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
In addition to the "Beyond JFK" documentary that will be included in the November re-release of Oliver Stone's "JFK", I think a few of my "Wishful Thinking" features should be incorporated as well.

What do ya think? Think they'd sell more than 2 or 3 (with one set going to me, natch!)?? Should set me back...oh...a mere 900 clams or thereabouts. :) ;) :)

(It's all just a dream DVD package, but fun to play around with anyway. Some of these fictional features just might prove doable at some point in time. :)) .......

"The Assassination Of John F. Kennedy: As-It-Happened"

Complete 91-Disc Set featuring all 165 hours of original TV coverage from all three major networks, covering the events of November 22 to November 25, 1963.

Restored & Remastered Video from the original network master tapes.

This Unparalleled Mega-Set Includes These Deluxe Bonus Features (on 9 extra discs):

>> CBS' "As The World Turns" soap opera in its entirety, including original commercials, as it aired on Friday, November 22, 1963 @ 1:30 PM (ET).

>> Three New 2003 40th-Anniversary Documentaries, examining the events surrounding the assassination, including many computer animations recreating the assassination. Hosts include: Tom Brokaw, Walter Cronkite, and Peter Jennings.

>> "Virtual 3-D Tour Of Dealey Plaza", with multi-angle capability.

>> "The History Of The Texas School Book Depository" featurette, exploring the famous warehouse, inside & out, including current footage of "The Sixth Floor Museum".

>> Complete list of all Dealey Plaza witnesses, including mini-bios and a 3-D "Where They Were On Nov. 22" interactive map.

>> "Where Were You?" featurette, featuring interviews (new and archived) with many politicians, celebrities, and just plain ol' folk, as they discuss the assassination and reveal where they were when they first heard the shocking news from Dallas. Participants include: Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Bob Hope, Judy Garland, James Stewart, Frank Sinatra, plus many others.

>> "The Secret Service: What We've Learned Since 11/22/63" 48-minute original featurette.

>> "Exploring The Conspiracy Theories" documentary featurette.

>> "The Films Of November 22" -- Featurette exploring the many amateur films that were taken at the time of the JFK assassination.

>> "The Dallas Police Department: Then And Now" featurette.

>> "Air Force One: Kennedy's White House In The Sky" -- 39-minute documentary program delving into the history of SAM 2-6000, JFK's official aircraft during most of his 1,037 days in office. Historic, rare photographs of the aircraft on the ground and in-flight are included.

>> Multi-page text biographies for: John F. Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby, Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis, Robert F. Kennedy, and Lyndon B. Johnson.

>> Photo Galleries, including more than 500 photographs associated with the assassination (all re-mastered for HD clarity).

>> 42-page companion collectible booklet, with information on the events of November 1963 and the restoration of the wealth of video material compiled for this massive DVD Collection.

>> Deluxe Leather Slipcase Packaging.

>> Individual Keepcases for each of the 91 discs in the set; with extensive liner notes for each disc.

>> Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1 (Full Frame) -- Applies to material originally broadcast in 1963.

>> Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 (Anamorphic) -- Applies to all-new featurettes/documentaries.

>> Interactive Menus, with detailed sub-menus on every disc.

>> Scene Selections.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks