What's new

JFK Material on DVD (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Agree with that, Joe!
It's time for an official ROTFLMAO (Out Loud yet)!!:laugh:
Why, oh heavens why, would somebody go to the trouble of this sexified version??!! I can somewhat understand this kind of subliminal messaging in the advertising world (makes all the guys want to purchase additional cases of Bud, etc.). But somebody PLEASE tell me what the purpose of a sexed-up Z-Film does? Is it supposed to make the casual viewer have a sudden uncontrollable desire to purchase an extra 6 copies of the Z-Film DVD?? Or possibly a yearning to visit the "6th Floor Museum" in Dealey Plaza (I do understand added funds are needed there). :laugh:
That "sex" thing reminds me of the other ridiculous theory that many people firmly believe. (I'm not one of these individuals.) That's the "badge man" theory.
This picture supposedly shows 2 conspirators, one firing the fatal head shot. If you can see anything remotely resembling 2 humans behind that fence, then you've got a better imagination than mine! .....
http://www.jfk-assassination.de/photos/moorman.gif

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
This is not even a VHS or DVD, but www.prouty.org has a wonderful CD-ROM that contains a lot of information on the Kennedy Assasination and discussions about many activities of the CIA. Col. Fletcher Prouty served in the Pentagon and in 1955 was appointed the focal point officer between the CIA and Air Force for Clandestine Operations.
Gregory

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Colonel Prouty is also a big activist in the Lyndon LaRouche organizations (those that claim the Queen of England is responsible for the world's drug trade), and the Liberty Lobby (which has lent sympathy to Holocaust Revisionist claims) which I think should be noted before anyone gives any credence to anything he says.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Eric,

We should take this offline, but I'd really like to get some proof and more details about these claims against Colonel Prouty.

Gregory

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Gregory, I agree, tracking the release of 'The Men Who Killed Kennedy' has been very frustrating. Like you, as recently as last weekend (the 9th and 10th) I was told the release date had been pushed to February 26. However, earlier this afternoon, I was finally able to purchase the DVD at the 'DVD Planet' retail store in Huntington Beach, CA. They had over twenty copies on the shelf.

Since 'DVD Planet' is actually owned by 'Image', 'DVD Planet' actually honors street dates, so I'm guessing the date was changed from 2/26 to 2/12.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Dave,

Thanks for the heads up. Can you give us a short review? I'm interested in the quality and also curious to see if there are any extras.

Thanks!

Gregory

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
What was the JFK documentary that came with the JFK laserdisc? I heard it was amazing and it would too bad that it wasn't an extra on a great 2 disc set for DVD.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Besides me? :)
I might add that "Four Days In November" is not the only documentary work of David L. Wolper that I think would be great for DVD. Wolper also produced the wonderful 1961-64 series "Biography" hosted by Mike Wallace, that I would love to see released uncut on home video and in its original format (A+E for years has reran the show under the new title "Profiles" to avoid confusion with the current "Biography" series). Other fine Wolper documentaries of the 60s and 70s include his "Making Of The President" films (based on the Theodore H. White books) for 1960, 1964 and 1968.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Can somebody review the 1983 mini-series "Kennedy" (Martin Sheen/Blair Brown) for me? (The DVD review that is.) Thanx.
B00005MEV7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
With 2003 fast approaching (and the 40th anniversary of 11/22/63), does anybody have any further updates on any potential JFK-related DVD materials?
Another item I'd snap up in a hurry would be the As It Happened TV coverage of 11/22/63 --> 11/25/63.
It is, indeed, a very tragic four-day period in American history, but I also think it's certainly important enough for the memory and images of that awful weekend to be preserved in the best format available....and that, of course, right now is DVD.
If a company could restore and remaster the remarkable TV news coverage that all three major networks provided onto DVD, that would be quite a set of discs!
And I'm sure very good copies of much of this news material CAN be remastered quite nicely. Case in point is the Abraham Zapruder interview segment on the DVD presentation of Image of an Assassination: A New Look at the Zapruder Film. That segment (taped by WFAA-TV, Dallas) looks practically like it was taped yesterday! Amazingly clear for a nearly 40-yr.-old piece! Seeing it that clear makes me yearn for more of the vintage footage on DVD.
Walter Cronkite's famous coverage of the event deserves to be preserved for all time on DVD (IMO).

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Other fine Wolper documentaries of the 60s and 70s include his "Making Of The President" films (based on the Theodore H. White books) for 1960, 1964 and 1968.
Don't forget his 1975 made-for-TV Bigfoot/Loch Ness documentary "Monsters: Mysteries or Myths?" narrated by Rod Serling. :D (Which I would love to have on DVD.)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads-up on A Presidency Revealed, David. I will order.

It is my hope that as the 40th anniversary of the tragedy approaches, the inevitable documentaries will focus on this remarkable man's life and career rather than how it all came to an end. (JFK is a personal hero to me.)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
These could use a DVD release:

"False Witness"-The outstanding History Channel documentary based on Patricia Lambert's book that rips away the falsehoods and lies about the Jim Garrison "investigation" that Oliver Stone created in his film.

CBS's four part 1967 documentary "The Warren Report." I have noticed that already CBS is making deals for some earlier documentaries to be released inexpensively on DVD. Their 1991 four hour VHS set on the Gulf War just received an economical DVD release for just $15. Their 1993 documentary, "Who Killed JFK-The Final Chapter" would also be a must-have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks