What's new

JFK Assassination 40th Anniversary Thread (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
This level of trauma sustained could not have been caused from Oswald’s Carcano. How do you account for this?
Sorry to butt in to this absorbing debate, but I think the above question WAS answered...by simply pointing to the verifiable physical, documented evidence, which shows that ALL bullet fragments recovered from the head of JFK match Oswald's Carcano and no other weapons.

This fact alone makes the inquiry itself pointless. Because we have 6.5 MM fragments being recovered from JFK's head (with absolutely NO other missiles or fragments from any other type weapon), this HAS to mean that LHO's rifle WAS indeed capable of inflicting the fatal head wound.

Argue all you want that the velocity capabilities were not sufficient....the evidence unwaveringly says otherwise.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Yes, I answered them all in full because as David points out, the physical evidence and the report of 19 forensic pathologists trumps every "question" you ask and exposes why they are the phony buff questions that have no business being asked in the first place.

And with regard to Stringer, you have seen me cite the HSCA report in which he is documented to have authenticated those photos in 1967 (and since all photo experts have also authenticated them, that makes this anomaly you try to point out all the more irrelevant) and for you to ignore that is another sign of dishonesty on your part.

Now are you going to be man enough to answer the question about the "changed motorcade route" and are you going to be man enough to provide your alternate explanation of what happened on 11/22/63 that fits with all the evidence or are you just going to demonstrate once again that buffs have no interest in doing this and only want to keep a cottage industry of buffdom alive for the heck of it? :)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
(1) LHO was seen by Howard Brennan firing a gun (2) LHO's fingerprints were on the rifle (confirmed by Dr. Scalice in 1993) (3) LHO fled the scene, had no alibi and then murdered J.D. Tippit and attempted to kill another officer when arrested.

Man enough to respond to those points, Chris? :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I just today saw a picture I'd heretofore never seen before (a still shot from the short film taken by JFK aide Dave Powers from the SS follow-up car on 11/22/63). .......

.....Note how the positioning of JFK and Gov. Connally almost identically matches the positions utilized by Dale Myers to create his fascinatingly-detailed 3-D animation (which, of course, fully supports the Single-Bullet Conclusion).

Kennedy, just as stated in the Myers animation, is indeed sitting slightly higher than Mr. Connally; with Connally located (in this pic taken just minutes before the shots were fired) seated just slightly "inboard" of Kennedy's position.

I've always subscribed to my own theory regarding the EXACT seating positions of the two men in the limousine at the time of the assassination. And that would be: That it's just NOT possible to say exactly to the square inch where in the car the two men are precisely located, based solely on grainy and blurry films/photos.

BUT....Pictures from a unique "directly from behind" angle, such as this Powers' photo above, certainly make the job of "reconstructing" the event with the best possible accuracy much, much easier.

(This Dave Powers' film--which, for many years, was never seen and not released by Powers--was evidently released for mass consumption in November 1996. I really don't recall if I saw the film making the rounds on the nightly newscasts or not. I might have, and just don't recall seeing it. But having a frame isolated (such as above), which fully supports the Warren Report's findings, is an extremely intriguing side effect to Powers' film, IMO.)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Powers sat on his film for decades and refused to let anyone see it saying it was "my property". His bullheadedness did no one any favors all that time.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
How long does the powers film last? I guess it doesn't go to the assassination, otherwise we would have seen that footage right now. Too bad too, as we would finally be able to show, with certainty, that Kennedy and Connolly were both hit at the same time.

Iver

Second Unit
Jack Briggs:

Egyptian president Sadat was cut down by lone fanatic who charged the leader's viewing stand in full view of a large crowd. U.S. president Lincoln was assassinated by a deranged, lone actor.
You might want to do a little extra studying on your history.

Sadat's assassin, First Lt. Khaled Islambouli, acted as part of a four-man assassination team, with one of his compatriots throwing a hand grenade at the viewing stand to get things rolling. It took security personnel 50 seconds to quell the attack, by which time, in addition to Sadat, seven others were killed and 28 wounded.

Islambouli was part of a much larger Islamic underground movement, a movement which opposed Sadat, in part, because of the peace treaty the Egyptian leader signed with Israel.

Now, on the Lincoln assassination, if you mean a "deranged, lone actor" in the sense that Booth was by himself when he shot the President, you would be correct. However, if I remember my Ken Burns correctly, Booth's shooting of Lincoln was part of a wave of more or less simultaneous attacks which also targeted, I believe, the VP and the Secy of State. The VP suffered serious stab wounds. This fact, of course, tends to get somewhat overshadowed by Lincoln's death.

The U.S. government ended up hanging, I think, eight people, including a woman, identified as being part of the Lincoln assassination conspiracy, even though some were only peripheral to the planning and implementation.

That said, I agree with your underlying outlook on the assassination and that it is nothing new to have a single criminal undertake such an action, as was the case with the Rabin assassination, et al.

Much of the conspiracy speculation stems out of people's inability to emotionally digest the senseless slaughter of a leader who, to many, symbolized youth, hope, and vigor.

If the assassination was not simply a crime of opportunity, then how could it be that Oswald accepted employment at the Book Depository long before Kennedy's motorcade route had even been planned?

The three-hour PBS Frontline special on Oswald and the assassination (broadcast in NYC at the same time as the ABC special, preventing me from seeing anything more than a couple of snippets of the ABC program) had a very interesting theory as to why the Kennedy assassination stays alive in so many hearts and minds. It made a certain amount of sense, though I think there may be other factors at play in keeping alive all the speculation.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
But Booth's scheme was what we can only call a simple, spur of the moment conspiracy involving a few accomplices, and not the result of the kind of organized planned effort by larger forces that people have pushed for the JFK assassination and even the Lincoln assassination as well.

Only four accomplices were hung. Lewis Paine, who stabbed Secretary of State Seward, George Atzerodt who was supposed to kill Andrew Johnson, David Harrold, Booth's accomplice when he was captured and Mrs. Suratt who owned the boarding house where the first Booth plots to kidnap Lincoln were hatched.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Just wanted to resurrect this to say that I didn't even know Lincoln's assassination was part of a (somewhat) larger conspiracy. I wonder if I had heard it before, and completely forgotten, or as Iver said, Lincoln's assassination overshadows everything else.

Brian

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Evidently MPI Home Video is coming out with a JFK program on home video
sometime soon ........

http://www.mpimedia.com/frameset_doc/frameset_doc.html

"The Murder of JFK: A Revisionist History":

Four decades after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, uncover new facts and witness rare footage of one of the most heinous acts of the 20th century!

This documentary includes:
• The first digital rendering of the Zapruder film, mastered from the original.
• The only known color footage of Lee Harvey Oswald.
• Cuban source material on the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile Crisis.
• First-time use of audio material from Robert F. Kennedy's oral history.
• New interviews with Arthur Schlesinger Jr., John Frankenheimer, Jack Anderson, and Sam Halpern.
• A link between Alfred Hitchcock's film 'Psycho' and the FBI's report on Oswald.
• Newly-discovered footage from local television archives and foreign news sources, including Lyndon B. Johnson's thoughts concerning a conspiracy.

Approx. 140 minutes.

----------

Never heard that bit about Psycho and Oswald. Very odd indeed. :confused:

Perhaps it was really "Mother" Bates who killed the President ... three years after doing away with Marion Crane and Milton Arbogast. (Makes about as much sense as most of the other theories floating about.) :)

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Geez!
Talk of conspiracies, Presidents being assasinated, etc..

And a thread stating Saddam had been caught gets shut down
:frowning:

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
How does a "conspiracy theorist" (bent on having Lee Harvey Oswald be a "Patsy" in the assassination of John F. Kennedy) reconcile into a "CT" scenario each and every one of the points I made in the following thread (on another Forum)?

I'd be most interested in hearing how EACH point is tackled from a "CT" POV.

(NOTE: One of the "Points" in this "Oswald's Sole Guilt -- Point-By-Point" thread [#12] is slightly in need of revision from my ["LN"] viewpoint. (Which I did, indeed, "amend" later in the thread's progress.) .... Oswald was indeed NOT the "Only" Texas School Book Depository employee to come up "missing" after Roy Truly's roll call on the afternoon of November 22, 1963. However -- Oswald WAS the only employee who was known positively to have been INSIDE the Depository Building at the time of the 12:30 PM assassination to not report back to work that afternoon. The remaining employees who didn't report back were all OUTSIDE the building at the time of the murder, and, thusly, could not have been involved in the assassination.) .............

http://www.jfklancerforum.com/dc/dcb...id=17758&page=

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Just noticed........

An outfit called "Koch Releasing" is putting out the excellent ABC-TV documentary on the JFK assassination.

It was released immediately after its November 20, 2003, broadcast by ABC-TV (for the usual ridiculously-high price point when offered directly from a TV network). But it surprised me a great deal now to find another company releasing this, and making it available through the regular e-tailers. :emoji_thumbsup:

People who bought it from ABC will be wishing they'd waited for this much-cheaper version. .......

PETER JENNINGS REPORTING:
THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION -- BEYOND CONSPIRACY.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Know what I'd like to see on DVD? ABC News's excellent 1998, Peter Jennings-narrated documentary, Dangerous World: The Kennedy Years. It was broadcast at around the time Seymour Hersh's book, The Dark Side of Camelot, was released, and covers much of the same territory (the president's frequent dalliances, his reckless personal behavior, etc. -- the very things I like about him!).

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I think that was a newly produced additional "episode" of the ludicrous series, The Men Who Killed Kennedy. To think that the 91-year-old Lady Bird Johnson should have to deal with this slanderous nonsense. I feel sorry for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks