What's new

Jet Set Radio Future (1 Viewer)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Brian, not wanting to get my ears boxed, let me state that while I have heard good things about Cibo Matto, somehow I don't think this is the song that represents them the best. I'm game to learn more about them, but I maintain that the 8th or 9th time you hear that chick screeching "Shut up and eat! You know my love is sweet!", you will be ready to jam play-do in your ears to make it stop. :)
Someone else on another board lamented, "How would you like it if your favorite group made it into this game, but they chose their absolute worst song?" I'll keep an open mind about the group, but that song...{{shudder}}}

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Oh, and one question--when you find the gold tapes in each area and discover the challenges that unlock more grafitti souls, one of them is always a high score challenge (100 grand, for instance). I assume this is a cumulative score, not one incredibly long grind session. But is there a way to display what your score is per area? It doesn't seem to display on the map, and I don't think it's on the in-game display, either.

Sorry if I am missing something incredibly obvious. And I suppose someone might suggest to RTFM, but my wife "cleaned" my theater room, and I can't seem to locate the manual right now...

NateM

Agent
Actually Dave it is the score from one long grind session. The secret is to find the rails that give you a 500x score multiplier when you do tricks.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Aarrggh! I was playing last night & the game froze when I got to a certain part. It does it every time, so I'll have to exchange it. On top of that, there's about 8 inches of snow on my car right now. Nooooo!!!
-Dan
very_fucking_sad.gif

LewisD

Grip
How the hell do I get back to the garage after tagging 99th St??? I've searched high and low, and I still can't find the garage exit....

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
SON OF A BITCH!
How in the name of hell do you do an air-combo? I'm doing those little smiley-face things in the garage, and the f***ing robot basically says to "Grind...jump and then hit X, then hit X again right before I land".
I must be doing something REALLY wrong, because nothing special is happening!!!!
I grind (at full speed), then jump, and my guy will usually do a little flip or something. If I hit X right after I jump, or right before I land, or at any friggin' time during the jump, it gives me that little "BUZZ!" noise that my timing is off!
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?! When do I need to hit X?!?!
:angry:

Gary Rhine

Stunt Coordinator
I am supposed to be looking for Poison Jam now. Where is he? I have been looking everywhere for an hour.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Well I finally figured out how to open the sewers. Although it was supposed to open after winning the flag challenge, the path doesn't open if you go from the Garage to Rokkaku-Dai Heights. You have to first skate through some long half-pipes(can't remember where). Nowhere is there any indication that this opens the path, but presto, it opened. After that, you can go from the Garage to Rokkaku-Dai Heights, then to the sewers. Sounds like a bug.

The more I play this, the less I like it. It seems like I spend my time trying to keep the character from doing stuff, rather than trying to accomplish something (keeping him from turning at the top of a half-pipe, keeping him from grinding a nearby rail, etc...).

Combined with the ultra-repetitive soundtrack, JSRF has earned the distinction of being the first XBOX game out of ten that I am getting rid of.

-Dave

Dan B

Screenwriter
Well I exchanged my copy of the game & I have the same problem, so my game save must be corrupted. Note to self: create backup save spots. ;)
Dave F, sorry to hear you're not enjoying the game. BTW, the soundtrack gradually opens up with new songs the further you get into it.
Ian, time your tricks about 1 second apart. (or maybe a little less...you'll get it! Hang in there)
One of the things people who played the first game know is that the more you play the game, the more fun it becomes. After some practice, "the world is your oyster". :D
-Dan B

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?! When do I need to hit X?!?!
Its all a matter of timing. The best thing to look at is when your characer finishes up the first jump. Right whenhe reaches the end of the trick hit the X button and he will do th enxt consecutive trick. Its a little slower than doing the grind tricks but it works almost teh same way.

Dave,

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the game. I personally am still loving the heck out of it but I can understand how some of your points could become frustrating. Hope you give it anotehr shot down the line.

MathewM

Stunt Coordinator
How the hell do I get back to the garage after tagging 99th St??? I've searched high and low, and I still can't find the garage exit....

Lewis, I had the same problem and it is pretty obvious. You'll notice that the dragon has a head. Less noticeable is it's tail which is a full verticle grind. Grind the tail all the way up and you'll land back onto the highway which leads you back to the garage.

I agree that this game can be frustrating as hell at times, but never really hard. The camera unfortunately is very chaotic, often switching angles causing you to skate the wrong direction or cutting you off completely. The controls while streamlined do seem to work against you at times. I'll be in the middle of a race and will accidentally push down on the left thumb trigger causing me to slow down. Let's just say that this game has given me a few bouts of tourettes.

With that said, I really dig this game. My Xbox had been gathering some dust until this game came along. Unlike most recent games I actually have the urge to play. Maybe I'm just getting old but nowadays most games just don't do much for me for more than a few plays.

Of course the Sega name usually hooks me. In my opinion they are by far the best third party maker currently. Where's Crazy Taxi 3 and Super Monkey Ball for the Xbox?

Dan B

Screenwriter
I'm still able to re-create the freezing problem I was having earlier. Perhaps it's a bug? In Rokkaku-Dai, when I talk to Ryth on the roof
, the screen just goes black but the music keeps playing. Damn it! Maybe I need to have the Xbox repaired? I can play the rest of the game with no problems, I just can't seem to talk to this one character. :confused:
-Dan B

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like something to do with your copy since I've been able to get that character without any problem.

Anyone have recommendations on how to master the skyscraper level? I seem to be falling an awful lot. Nice that they keep letting you replenish your health but my routine seems to be a lot like "go up on that rotating thing, try to jump on the girders, narrowly miss and fall all the way down, repeat." If I do get on and start grinding around, I have trouble figuring out where to go in order to get from building to building. I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong although I've mastered all the tricks.

NateM

Agent
Andy

The easiest way to get to the other buildings in the skyscraper level is the use the two obelisks right next to where you start the level. You can grind up these and then either jump up the ramps or the dishes depending on which obelisk you use. That works for me at least.

Since you say you've mastered all the tricks can you tell me what you're supposed to do for the fifth trick? It's the one that sayssomething about going around the pharoh. I can't seem to get it to work.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Well...I don't know why I was having so much trouble with those Air-Combos, I guess my timing was off. Thanks for the help!

GREAT game! At least as good as the first one! What does everybody think of the multi-player option? I haven't heard anybody talking about them? I think the racing is fun, but the other ones haven't really tickled my fancy.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Since you say you've mastered all the tricks can you tell me what you're supposed to do for the fifth trick? It's the one that sayssomething about going around the pharoh. I can't seem to get it to work.
Well, I was simply referring to the gameplay techniques when I mentioned the tricks, but I'm assuming that going around the pharoah's head means that you hop onto the disk and then grind around the entire rim without falling, but I haven't actually tried it all the way around yet so I'm not sure.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Wow, I thought Rokkaku-dai Heights was bad---until I got to the skyscraper level. This one is seriously nasty. If I hear that DJ yell Sayonara! one more time as I plummet towards my messy death, I am going to lose it.

ARRGHH!!!

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I finally picked up JSRF on Friday. I loved the original and felt it was the best game on the Dreamcast. The sequel is even better. The DD 5.1 track on this game is absolutly incredible! The bass output on some of these songs really puts my SVS to work. :)
I am totally digging the streamlined gameplay and I like the not having the control stick combos for the sprays. I didn't think it would be better but it is since this game moves so fast.
Brian,
Is Cibo Matto the same band from Blade? The voice sounds similiar to the Japanese School girl band from Blade. BTW, I do like that song and it cracks me up.
I cant get enough of the main theme music when the game start up...
Romier,
Me too. :)
-Dean-

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
When the "Isle 10" song by Scapegoat Wax was all over MTV2, I hated it, but in this game I love I can't stop listening to it, I love it when it comes on while playing, I love it so much that I it set to my garage music, it replaced "The Concept of Love" as my garage song.

NateM

Agent
Well now that I've beaten the game I'd like to say that I wholeheartedly agree with most of the posters here that JSRF is superb. It's better than the original in almost every way IMHO. The levels throughout the game are great although a few of them can be rather frustrating. My least favorite level is the sewers. It has waaay to many of those jump over the gates to get through the half pipe parts for my taste. But that's enough talking from me. If you excuse me I have more gaffiti souls to collect. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks