What's new

Jet Set Radio Future (1 Viewer)

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I got the game last night, and I can say that it's as good as everybody is saying it is. FUN game, better then the original, and that's saying A LOT!
My only complaint...I KEEP GETTING LOST!!!! :angry:
I'm in the "Heights" area (can't remember the real name), and I just spent an HOUR cruising around looking for where the hell I was supposed to go!!!! Finally figured out how to get up to the second save point on the level, NOW I'VE GOTTA FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET HIGHER!!!!!
If you liked the first one, GET THE GAME!

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
This game does kick much booty. The cool thing is, even though you can get lost, it's still fun to explore, grind, trick, etc.

Ian, you do know about the map, right? You can actually move the map around in the map screen with the analog stick, and it's 3d! You might get some help with that. It always tells you where the important things are, and which direction you're facing, etc.

The bystanders are a trip: "Goddamn it!" "Owww, my knee!"

Dan B

Screenwriter
Dan just got his copy of the game. Yahooooo! :D
(admiring the Dolby 5.1 logo on the DVD case)
"We must be in heaven man!"
-Dan B

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'll be a little more moderate - I think it's a very good game, but not utterly fantastic. It can be really confusing regarding what you need to be doing. The levels are huuuge, and you don't get a heckuva lot of direction. Also, while most of the music is great, there are a few that make me want to jam pencils in my ears. An ability to select/deselect songs from the playlist, or to skip a song, would be great.

The big kicker is the lack of tension. In the first, there was that great dynamic of trying to finish a big graffiti tag before the cops nail you. That doesn't happen in JSRF (at least so far). Even if you did have to stand still while tagging, the cops are pushovers.

It's fun, but at least for me I don't think it will be a game that will consume my life until I have it finished. (like GTA3, Halo, FFX, SSX)

-Dave

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Andy - yeah...them map helped, let me know I need to go "up" :D
It took me a while to realize that if you stand still, you can look around with the Right analog stick (I should really read the instruction book one of these days!). That helped. I stood there and was like, "ok...so...I need to go up...AH! THERE IS A PIPE I CAN GRID UP!
."
Next it's off to the sewer-pipes to teach Poison Jam a lesson! ;)
Dave - I understand what you're saying. Tagging has NO skill involved in it now. Just hit the button, and as long as you have paint, your golden. But since the game is going for a more crazy-speed angle, I don't mind.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I've been playing a bit, & it's hella cool just like the first one. Gripes? Some minor slowdown & I don't like the music quite as much as the first one. That's all so far.
I am happy to say I do not miss the controller-combo tags at all. The extra tricks you can do with the trick/reverse buttons are easy to execute & add to the fun. I haven't really had a use for the speed boost yet, but I'm sure I will at some point later in the game. Grinding up a poll feels a lot more natural than you would think, but it's as cool as it is strange.
-Dan B

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Ian, I'm stuck in the same darn spot, but I even knew about the rotating map and couldn't figure out what to do. After grinding and jumping for 45 minutes or so, I gave up and went to the 99 area.
But I just read your spoiler, and I guess I need to go back. I'll tell you what, I am NOT going to miss this level when I am finished with it!!!
Oh, and I agree about the poster who said there should be an option to deselect a song--there's one song so far that makes me want to rip my own skin off and stuff it in my ears. Some crazy shrill woman talking about making a birthday cake for her son and his wife or something... But the rest of the songs more than make up for that clunker. :)

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Dave... hang in there. If you need some tips, let me know! :D
I was thinking the same damn thing about that level, "SCREW THIS! I HAVE NO &*#$@! IDEA WHERE TO GO! THIS LEVEL SUCKS!" But once you figure it out, it's all good again.
GOOD LUCK!
btw - yeah...the "Baking a birthday cake for my son and his wife" song is WEIRD, but hey...it's all part of the JSRF experience :emoji_thumbsup:

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
This game is just too good to be true....I think this is even better than Halo! Definetely THE game to get for the XBox now.

The dolby digital 5.1 kicks so much ass. I think it has the best audio I have heard in a console game. Just when i started to doubt the XBox, Sega comes in and shows what talented developers can due with powerful hardware.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Some crazy shrill woman talking about making a birthday cake for her son and his wife or something...
That's Cibo Matto you're knocking there. Be careful, or I'll have to send the boys round to knock some sense into your ears ;)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Some crazy shrill woman talking about making a birthday cake for her son and his wife or something...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's Cibo Matto you're knocking there. Be careful, or I'll have to send the boys round to knock some sense into your ears
I'll heartily second that! If JSRF is using Cibo Matto's music, 1) I'm not surprised, 2)I'm happy as hell 3)A pretty damned good reason to get this game... and for a CM fan as voracious as I am, almost tempting enough to get an Xbox.

Go listen to Viva La Woman, and newbies, listen to track one, "apple leaves." I guarantee you will LOVE it.

Joseph

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I cant get enough of the main theme music when the game start up...
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
THE CONCEPT OF LOVE!
:D

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm puzzled about the music. When you go into that music option menu, there are a ton of songs. while playing in the game though, I seem to hear a neverending cycle of 3 or 4 songs. And outside of the intro screen, I've never heard "The Concept of Love" while in-game.

-Dave

Yeah I noticed at the beginning it seemed like only the same 3 or 4 songs were being played. I'm up to chapter 6 now though, and I'm starting to hear some new music. Anyone else past the sewer yet ? Man, I hated that level.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Ahahahahah...sonically I can do without that song, but the lyrics will make you bust your gut laughing:
Shut up and eat!
Too bad, no bon appetit!
Shut up and eat!
You know my love is sweet!
Yes, I'm cooking for my son and his wife
It's his 30th birthday
Pour berries into my bowl
Add milk of two months ago
'It's moldy mom, isn't it?'
I don't give a flying fuck though
Shut up and eat!
Too bad, no bon appetit!
Shut up and eat!
Shut up and eat!
Too bad, no bon appetit!
Shut up and eat!
It's food nouveau
It's food nouveau
It's the shape of love
Beat it! Beat it up!
Beat it! Beat it up!
Extra sugar, extra salt
Extra oil and MSG
Extra sugar, extra salt
Extra oil and MSG
Shut up and eat!
Too bad, no bon appetit!
Shut up and eat!
Shut up and eat!
Too bad, no bon appetit!
Shut up and eat!
You were born in the 60's
We made a war with the Vietnamese
We loved LSD, we died easily
Can we just say c'est la vie?
So what! Say what! For your own sake
Do you have a headache or heartbreak?
Are you made or broken by the birthday cake?
You may be slow on the uptake
I pour pot in the birthday cake
So what! Say what! For my own sake
Watch out yo! Here I come yo!
I'm gonna change to a rattlesnake
Turn up the TV! Do you agree?
Yeah, I'm talking turkey Take it from me
I'm gonna show my love for my dove
'But it's moldy, mom, isn't it?'
Extra sugar, extra salt
Extra oil and MSG
Extra sugar, extra salt
Extra oil and MSG
Shut up and eat!
Too bad, no bon appetit!
Shut up and eat!
Shut up and eat!
Too bad, no bon appetit!
Shut up and eat!
You know my love is very sweet!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
-Dan "Me Likey the Poom Poom" B.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Help! How do you get into the sewers? I won that flag challenge against the 3 chicks at 99th St, but now I'm lost... :frowning:
-Dave

Dave, as soon as you enter Rokkaku-Dai Heights from the garage, there's a path close by the birds and spray cans, look for two columns. Follow that path and take a left. :)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Anthony! I think I found the area you are referring to, but I must need to complete something additional to open that path up...

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks