Jet li's HERO

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Peter-PP, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Peter-PP

Peter-PP Stunt Coordinator

Saw the trailer for it on TV a couple of days ago and Tarantino is releasing it here in the US this summer, FINALLY! I had been waiting to seeing this movie for so long.

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

What does Tarantino have to do with Hero? [​IMG]

Good to hear some movement, but I've also seen trailers for Shaolin Soccer over a year ago, and it still isn't in the theaters.

Course, it doesn't matter to me, since I have the DVD...

Jason

3. Stevan Lay

Stevan Lay Second Unit

My guess is that Tarantino will be releasing it under his Rolling Thunder banner, much so like what he did with Chungking Express on DVD.

4. PierreN

PierreN Auditioning

I guess since no one else wanted to release this movie here in the US, he probably "bought" the right to release it.

It's a good movie, as good cinema-photography picture as "Crouching Tiger" movie ... Sword play is excellent too. You'd really need to understand a bit of Chinese martial arts philosophy to see the subtleties in the fight sequences, ie. Jet Li & Donnie Yuen fight scence... But you'll enjoy it nonetheless [​IMG] The story line can be a little confusing because it's told from the main character (Jet Li) and also how the Empreror perceives Jet's tales ...

I bought these 2 WS movies (Shaolin Soccer) from eBay (for about $10 each) about a year ago, as I don't mind subtitle. I prefer orginal dialog with subtitle rather than bad English dub. [​IMG]

Enjoy the movie(s) !!

PS: If you like sword-fight movie, another decent movie is Korean-made in 2000 "Dance With Sword" (Bichunmoo)... Good picture [​IMG]