What's new

Jesus of Nazareth DVD Aspect ratio (1 Viewer)

John Stockton

Second Unit
As I recall, this was shot as a mini series for television with an intended ratio of 1.33:1 , yet the back of the DVD cover, it states that the film has been reformatted from its original version to fit the 1.33 screen.

Does anyone know what the intended Aspect ratio for this film is, and whether the info on the cover is a misprint?

Thanks

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
What is the appropriate forum? Software, because it's a DVD? Movies, because it's a movie and apparently also got a theatrical release at least internationally? TV, since it was a TV movie? OK, let's compromise and stick it into Speakers and Subwoofers. :)

Ren Cola

Auditioning
Well, I want to say that I think this mini-series was fantastic. Probably one of the most clearly protrayed Jesus to date.

Is this DVD available in the US btw?

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Unless this miniseries was recently re-released on DVD, I wouldn't recommend purchasing the existing DVD as it is one of the poorest looking transfers I have ever seen.

~Edwin

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Jesus of Nazareth may have been filmed in 1.33:1 but comparing the dvd to a taped copy from NBC, there is significant picture info lost on the dvd on all four sides!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks