1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Jerry Seinfeld, Steven Wright, or Robin Williams: Who should I pay to see and why?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael D. Bunting, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    Jerry Seinfeld - Paramount Theatre - Seattle, WA
    Tickets: $50-$100
    STEVEN WRIGHT - Paramount Theatre - Seattle, WA
    Tickets: $19.50-$39.50
    Robin Williams - Paramount Theater - Seattle, WA
    Tickets: $50-$100
    I can't decide who my wife and I should go see...I would just get tickets for all the shows...but I have a budget to stick with for the remainder of 2002 [​IMG]
    I'll probably end up going to two of the three shows listed - or maybe only just one.
    My wife and I both like STEVEN WRIGHT quite a bit... so I think I'll probably get tickets for that show.
    I'm a HUGE Seinfeld fan (TV Show) - but I'll admit that Jerry was my least favorite character on the show.
    Now, who would you pick and why?

2. Darren Davis

Darren Davis Stunt Coordinator

depends on what kind of comedy you're gonna be in the mood for. Robin Williams is funny but he can't settle down and often goes off on too many tangents and side-jokes. I really like Steven Wright's unpredictable, dry humor. The "I Have a Pony" album cracks me up every time I hear it. Jerry Seinfeld is...Jerry Seinfeld. I loved the show but he never really made me laugh that much by himself. I'd go see Steven Wright.

3. Hakan Powers

Hakan Powers Stunt Coordinator

The only one of those three I've seen live is Jerry Seinfeld - and I can tell you he was fantastic. Well worth the money!!

4. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

Robin Williams all the way. Nobody does stand-up as good as he does.

5. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Definately Steven Wright. I've never seen any live stand-up, but I love his dry humor and it's the cheapest ticket by far.

6. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Steven Wright. Otherwise Robin Williams.

7. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I've only seen Steven Wright live - he just cracks me up. I can't knock the others though.

8. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

i saw Jerry Seinfeld a little over a week ago, he was great, well worth it

9. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

Robin Williams, hands down. His cable specials had me in stitches years ago, and his appearance last year on Whose Line Is It Anyway was proof that his quick wit can still work in standup. It's a shame he hasn't had a good comedic film (in my view) since Good Morning Vietnam.

10. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    I went ahead and ordered my tickets for the Steven Wright show.
    It's not until May 18th, 2002...but I thought since this was the one "for sure" show that both my wife and I wanted to see - better do it now before I miss out. And I wanted some good seats also.
    I got pretty good seats, purchased the most expensive ones ($39.50) each and my seats (1 and 2) are in center section 3, row X.
    Still debating on the Seinfeld and/or Robin Williams show...I have always liked Williams...and I'm sure I'll like Seinfeld too!
    May just have to catch all 3 of them.... I guess it's time to "re-do" the budget! [​IMG]
    Thanks for all the help guys... I aprecciate your feedback, positive and negative.

11. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator

Have fun at the Steven Wright show. I got to see him years ago when he came to Anchorage. It was one of the most bizarre experiences ever - and not because of the typical Steven Wright humor, which I love.
    Rather it was simply this...
    ...he smiled.
    Laughed, even.
    Then lost his place in the joke he was telling and had to start on another one.
    This happened a couple times during the evening. He was still hilarious, and had about 90% of his show down pat, but...that other 10%.
    My friends and I are about 95% convinced that he'd tried Alaska's most (in-)famous agricultural product (hints: it's illegal, green, has five leaves, starts with 'p', and rhymes with 'snot' [​IMG]) just before the show. The show was still good. Just...odd.
    Seven Wright.
    Smiling.
    Glad I saw it when I did...because it may well never happen again.
    At least...
    ...until he goes to Alaska again. [​IMG]