Jerry Lewis Boxset

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Kamrano, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Kamrano

Kamrano Extra

Don't you think that it's about time Paramount released more Jerry Lewis DVDs. The guy was a genius and we should have more of his classic comedies on DVD like The Geisha boy, Disorderly Orderly, Family Jewels and more.

A lot of these aren't even available to Buy on VIDEO in the UK even though they must have been shown a lot over the years on TV.

Think it's something to shout about.

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Paramount is working on the Jerry Lewis titles (as mentioned in Software) and I guess it would be likely for a box set afterwards.

3. Kamrano

Kamrano Extra

Cool.
    Any idea on what they are gonna release?[​IMG]

4. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

For that matter, will this include titles whose rights reverted back to Lewis, like THE ERRAND BOY, CINDERFELLA, and THE BELLBOY? I know Paramount still owns plenty of good Lewis fare, but whoever is conducting Lewis' business always seems to license those personally-owned titles to companies that have not done them justice -- pan/scan transfers, EP speed tapes. And unless I'm wrong, not one of them is on DVD yet.
    I would hope Paramount and Lewis could strike a deal where those films could get released under the mountain's imprint, because I know they will be done properly there. Besides, wasn't it Barney Balaban who was generous enough to let Lewis gain ownership of them in the first place? I think it's time to return the favor.

5. Kamrano

Kamrano Extra

Yeah, well Paramount should get a move on. Release these movies and give them a good package.
    It'd be great if they can get J.L to do commentry as well.

6. Kamrano

Kamrano Extra

Now that we had Lewis DVDs, why were the likes of Geisha Boy, Rock a bye baby and Who's Minding the Store not released?

Was there any special reason or are they scheduled for a later release?