What's new

Jerry Lewis Boxset (1 Viewer)

Kamrano

Grip
Don't you think that it's about time Paramount released more Jerry Lewis DVDs. The guy was a genius and we should have more of his classic comedies on DVD like The Geisha boy, Disorderly Orderly, Family Jewels and more.

A lot of these aren't even available to Buy on VIDEO in the UK even though they must have been shown a lot over the years on TV.

Think it's something to shout about.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Paramount is working on the Jerry Lewis titles (as mentioned in Software) and I guess it would be likely for a box set afterwards.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
For that matter, will this include titles whose rights reverted back to Lewis, like THE ERRAND BOY, CINDERFELLA, and THE BELLBOY? I know Paramount still owns plenty of good Lewis fare, but whoever is conducting Lewis' business always seems to license those personally-owned titles to companies that have not done them justice -- pan/scan transfers, EP speed tapes. And unless I'm wrong, not one of them is on DVD yet.
I would hope Paramount and Lewis could strike a deal where those films could get released under the mountain's imprint, because I know they will be done properly there. Besides, wasn't it Barney Balaban who was generous enough to let Lewis gain ownership of them in the first place? I think it's time to return the favor.

Kamrano

Grip
Yeah, well Paramount should get a move on. Release these movies and give them a good package.
It'd be great if they can get J.L to do commentry as well.

Kamrano

Grip
Now that we had Lewis DVDs, why were the likes of Geisha Boy, Rock a bye baby and Who's Minding the Store not released?

Was there any special reason or are they scheduled for a later release?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks