Jerry Goldsmith fans, check it out; Logan's Run, Illustrated Man

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ben Motley, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

For any Goldsmith fans out there, I've just run across a few very interesting items over at Film Score Monthly that I personally am very excited about. Maybe some of you will be too...
    [​IMG]
    https://secure.filmscoremonthly.com/store/detailCD.asp?ID=221
    The Illustrated Man Limited Edition cd

2. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor

3. Ben Motley

Thanks for the input Craig. It's always nice to hear good things about a company you've never dealt with before. I was gonna put off ordering, but I see that Towering Inferno is down to less than 100 copies, and if I spend more than $50 bucks, I can get a free copy of Canone Inverso, a new violin score by il maestro, Ennio Morricone. So I got The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3, which I always thought the music to was kick ass, to push it over. Not a bad freaking deal at all man. The Illustrated Man will just have to wait till next time. I don't want to melt my credit card again. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]http://www.footlight.com/product.cfm?product_id=8522
    Click here for the review that sold me on the Canone Inverso score...
    Damn. Don't those look freakin' sweet or what?? Can't wait to get 'em.
    So Craig, have any FSM cds gone out of print yet? I couldn't find anywhere on the site where it said, and was just curious if I missed anything good. Any idea?

4. Ben Motley

So has anybody else had any experience with FSM cds?

5. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    I have a couple of them - a Gerald Fried collection, Herrmann's Beneath the 12 Mile Reef, among others - and they are terrific. The liner notes, while not as comprehensive as Marco Polo's or Monstrous Movie Music's, are well-written and entertaining. The sound quality is as good as possible for the vintage of the recording. I think you'll be pleased with your purchases, they shipped quickly and securely.

6. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

I have about a half-dozen of the FSM releases (including The Illustrated Man and the just released Logan's Run), and packaging and sound quality is about as good as one can get for original soundtrack recordings.

7. Heinz W

Heinz W Second Unit

Great heads up Ben! As a longtime fan of both Logan's Run and Goldsmith's work this is good news indeed. I've thought in the past that it was unlikely that I'd be able to find the soundtrack to that film anywhere these days and here's this thread! [​IMG] Guess I'd better order soon.
    BTW, I still have the Logan soundtrack on the original LP that I got when I was 10! I think I played it a hundred times! I think it is among Jerry's best work.

8. Ben Motley

Hello again. [​IMG]
    I received my Logan's Run cd, and it does kick ass. It beats the previous cd to hell, as it just doesn't come together as well as the full score.
    I didn't get Illustrated Man just yet, opting for some others; The Towering Inferno, which I apparently just caught, as it's now out of print, and they only have a couple dozen left. The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, which has a great, funky '70s sound, and Canone Inverso, an incredible new all original score from Ennio Morricone primarily for violin, yet includes cello, piano and percussion. Great cd for a movie that I have no idea about. [​IMG]
    p.s., sorry about the dead link above. If I come across something else on the movie or the soundtrack, I'll fix it, but I haven't as of yet. [​IMG]

9. rhett

rhett Supporting Actor

Yeah Ben, the Logan's Run CD is a great listen, thanks for the links!

10. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

Nice to see others here have discovered FSM's awesome products. What a great company!
    The Logan's Run CD is a fan's dream-come-true. The "Box" theme is honestly one of my favorite cues of all time. Freaky!
    Beneath The 12-Mile Reef is also an exceptional CD. Herrmann's score was the only part of the film that I enjoyed... I never would have imagined it'd show up on disc.
    Logan is the first in their series of Turner Classics line. The future possibilties are quite exiting!