What's new

Jericho will now be a complete series set (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
Reports are coming in that CBS has canceled "Jericho". This has also been confirmed on the official board on CBS.com. :frowning:

I hope CBS/Paramount really puts a lot of effort into this release, and loads it up with a lot of bonus material. I also hope (though I'm probably holding my breath here) that they will include some sort of resolution for fans especially in light of the way this series ended. But again, I'm probably holding my breath.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Wow, I had no idea it would be canceled, but at least they aired the whole season and didn't spike it halfway through like some shows. Another ``Invasion'' single-season series, huh? :frowning: That's too bad because I really enjoyed it, even if the subject matter was rather grim. Agreed on the series set, hopefully CBS/Paramount does a great job with it.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I wonder if they would include "Return to Jericho". It was narrated by Lennie James ("Hawkins"). For a recap special, it was rather well done and engrossing.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Dammit this is horrible news. Another one of favs bites the dust. I'll be getting the box set though.

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
What a shame. I only started watching with the recap of the first 11 episodes, and really enjoyed the last 11 episodes (and would have definitely tuned in for the second season).

I wonder the cancellation of "Jericho" will make CBS/Paramount less likely to make a DVD release a high priority (without a 2nd season, CBS doesn't really have a reason to make this a rush release).

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
why was this cancelled? I thought this was up there with Shark, Heroes and Ugly Betty with the biggest new shows of the season

todd s

Senior HTF Member
That sucks...CBS screws up by splitting the season and killing the first few episodes by making the producers do more soap opera crap. And then they cancel it. :rolleyes:

I hope its not true.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Here's what they need to do for the DVD

A special featurette/Supplement for the DVD release of JERICHO (already set for England in September) that would tell us what would have happened - using stock footage,voice overs and some newly made CGI (CBS does have an inhouse CGI outfit - they have been redoing the classic STAR TREK) to give us some sort of mini-episode type thingy to answer all the questions.

There would have to be enough interest for them to budget for such an extra. (Hopefully we'll get the "countdown" segments and the missing "Beyond Jericho" segments!)

Who is the person to contact at CBS VIDEO - The producer who overseas this stuff.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
What is going on with CBS?!?! First they cancel Invasion (very good show) and now Jericho (even better show). And don't get me started on Firefly (I know this was not CBS).

I know people who watch this show religiously. Why do good shows that people watch get cancelled and shows like JAG continue for multiple seasons (and I don't know anyone who watches that show).

I haven't seen the last 3 episodes yet (taping them for a marathon viewing) and hope they at least resolved the show with a good ending [NO SPOILERS PLEASE]. Invasion on the other hand just fell off the face of the earth with no conclusion. Are they allowed to do this? This is like going to watch a film and the ending is not shown (could we get our money back - oh yeah, it's commercial television).

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
We can't blame CBS for cancelling "Invasion" since it was on ABC.

I think having three months between the 11-episode chunks was a horrible idea, especially for a freshman series. And having the second block of episodes start when American Idol was occupying 8-10pm on Wednesday for much of February didn't help either.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
This was one of the best new shows on television, along with Heroes! I don't understand this at all. I hope the creators can take this show to another network.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Is their any word from the producers whether they will....

-Shop the show to another network?
-Explain how they would have resolved the show (either on the disc or some blog)?

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
This show was a victim of scheduling and its time slot. I hate to see it cancelled as it was well made and thought provoking. People complain that all that is on are CSI and Law and Order spin-offs. Yet several good shows are once again cast aside. Perhaps the previous poster who blamed CBS for cancelling 'Invasion' meant CBS' similarly themed (and superior in my opinion) show 'Threshold', which was cancelled in mid-season with unaired episodes. This will make Skeet Ulrich's second short lived yet interesting series, along with 'Miracles'.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

No, I wasn't blaming CBS for canceling ``Invasion'' after only one season, rather that was a pretty well done ABC series that was axed after its initial run. I was just remarking on the fact that it was another episodic, serialized series that bit the dust, ``Jericho,'' I mean. :frowning:

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I agree with most of this rant, except for ``JAG,'' while I didn't watch most of it through its run on CBS. I've been very happy with the show on DVD. Have watched the first two seasons and part of Season 3, thus far. CBS should be faulted for having given up on ``Jericho,'' and for the programming decision that led to such a long break. In fact, all the networks should be criticized for having done that to ``Heroes'' (NBC) and ``Lost'' (ABC). The long breaks are murder for the continuity of scripted, serialized and episodic shows like these. :thumbsdown:

Katherine_K

Second Unit

Probably not productive to your arguement. JAG had very good ratings with middle america and has sold very well on dvd. Just because you don't know anyone who watched it for it's 10 year run, doesn't mean that there weren't a great many people who did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks