What's new

Jericho Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I liked the somber pop in season 1- Snow Patrol and Foo Fighters to name just two. It really enhanced the episodes in my opinion.

With the fast pace of this season I see why they ditched the pop this time around. I'd like it back if things settle down more in season 3. Then, maybe it won't ever settle down, which is also fine.

Just don't cancel, CBS!

Chris

Senior HTF Member

I'm not sure if I got that. I mean, the fact that the TV broadcast went dead doesn't mean much. A Nuclear Blast anywhere could cause the relay broadcast to go dead (the satellite feed) which would have the same base result. So I'm not sure.

Sometime the myth of things grow. -We- know for sure about a set #, but rumors and speculation by people who don't know are sure to be rampant. I'm surprised there aren't reports of dozens of blast sites that aren't real, made up by people no where near them.. but just haven't heard from anyone there (so they assume)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Maybe, but there's also the fact that the President, the VP, the entire Cabinet, Congress, and everyone else in Washington is, well...dead, and their successors fighting over the remnants.

(Right there's pretty much all the proof I needed that D.C. got taken out. :) )

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Didn't the phones of Jericho get called by the Secretary of Homeland Security? When people picked up, the message said, "Please hold for a message from the Secretary of Homeland Security." Then the EMP came, and they never got the message.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
There are regional Homeland Security facilities (sort of like command centers) set up around the country, which are intended to send out messages like that in the event of a loss of centralized leadership...the people of Jericho evidently got one coming from one of the "Midwest" zone-centers.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was a completely automated system. It cut to an empty podium in a white house press office style room. There was no one to deliver the message.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I forget when this part happened. Was it short after the blasts, or was it a week or so after?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was in the fifth episode, "Federal Response," during the brief period after power was restored to the town but before the EMP wiped out all technology and sent them right back to the stone age. AFAIK, the episode was never explicit about how much time had passed since the attacks, though children were being sent back to school.

The Official Jericho Wiki puts the events of the episode at two weeks after the attacks, though no sources are cited and some of the other info conflicts with what's established in the show (ie. that the attacks took place in 2009, not 2006)

PhilipW

Second Unit
Wow! This episode was totally unexpected.

Anyone know if CBS has picked this up for next year yet?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Holy Schnikies!

Hey, it felt good to hear the CBS announcer say "The Final Three Episodes of the Season" rather then just "The Final 3 Episodes" etc. Not sure that's a tip of that hat, but DAMN with an episode like tonights, this is a show that has really come into it's own.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Wow! "Oversight" was amazing!

Thrill and despair, all rolled into one.

I'll say more after the West coast airing.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was trying to remember the last time I just picked my jaw off the floor at the end of an episode like tonight. The only thing that comes to mind is the last scene of the BSG Miniseries when the 1st Sleeper Agent in unmasked (for those that have never seen I'll leave it there).

Is Jericho the King of the last 5 minutes?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was it me, or did this episode look like it was shot on video (30 fps)?

At least Bonnie gave as good as she got.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
She certainly did. It was kind of annoying though how DB Sweeney was the one that led them into the house but is conveniently the last one to enter and the only one to not get shot.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

That's generally correct military practice. A squad leader is not the first to enter the building, he's the last. Just general practice. So, if he's your most valuable asset, he sure as hell isn't entering first.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Are we sure that he didn't get shot? I head the shotgun fire, him return fire, the shotgun return fire, and then silence. Is it possible that they killed each other?

More to the point, is it possible that Sweeney is Hawkins' informant?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks