What's new

Jericho Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I faithfully watched them when they came on the set Adam. Though you're right about the other. I didn't get my three from online.. (there are benefits to knowing some people) but I did wonder about that too.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's one of those question marks. Leaking them online early definitely built up a good deal of excellent word of mouth. But looking at the ratings, they're pretty stagnant with the final episodes of last season that got it canned initially. That being the case, perhaps it would have been better to make people watch it live. I dunno. Either way, another excellent episode. This would likely be my top show right now even if the other shows weren't off the air. Even if the show gets cancelled again, writing letters and such was worth it for these episodes. The promise of the previous season finale is really being achieved here.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's on at a bad timeslot, rarely anything grows in such shadows that is the 10 p.m timeslot on Tuesdays. Serialized shows needs an earlier timeslot, while more inert, less-serialized procedurals (CSIs, Law & Orders, etc) can subsist in the later timeslots.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Really? Too bad. I assume then that the remaining 4 episodes will be the end. A shame since I think I could easily spend a few more years in this world with these characters. This show is a great "what if?"

Anyway, I'm just glad we got this bonus Mini-season. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't done better in the ratings.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
That was the best episode to date. The tension was very high. And even though we now know the major goodies and baddies, the interaction between an increasing number of characters who are undecided (but mostly want to do the right thing) is brilliantly executed. Hawkins having his hand forced was a big plot development, and it's good to see him working a little more in the open.

It's also great to see the unwavering commitment of the producers to this great show, and I appreciate their promise to complete the story one way or another. For that reason more than any other, I'm glad I stuck with Jericho. However things turn out regarding a third season, this is turning out to be a great (albeit short) season of television. :)

Aside: Contrast this with USA Network's The 4400, which I'm sorry I EVER watched since the network won't let the producers give us an ending to the story. They say it "had a good run", as if it were a non-serialized show, like Psych. They just don't seem to get it.

So I'm going to sit down and write a nice letter to CBS and thank them for their investment in Jericho, and for believing in their production staff enough to allow them to finish telling us a great story (again, one way or another). After being yanked around by networks like FOX and USA, I actually find it heartwarming that CBS would treat Jericho fans so decently. Thanks, CBS!

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
If you wouldn't have been counted if you watched real time (because you're not tracked by Nielsen), you won't be missed if you don't.

As a person who has yet to watch the show (yet, I continue to collect it), I heard all about how people would get out the word so people would watch Jericho, but once the renewal came down, I heard little about it until now. Maybe the "movement" just wasn't successful in bringing in a lot of new viewers. And maybe it especially wasn't able to bring in new viewers, some of who felt they'd be coming into the middle of a story and didn't know how to catch up.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I don't know this for sure, but I have to think that CBS can track how many "unique visitors" streamed/downloaded(?) these episodes and if the number increased or decreased from episode to episode. It seems to me that data could be factored alongside the Nielsen numbers to create a better picture of the actual show's rating performance.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thefutoncritic.com posted the ratings for last night. Were they up from last week?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know they filmed two endings for the show. One if they get renewed and the other if they don't. I hope either way that when the dvd comes out. We get the other ending as a bonus. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Exactly identical in terms of hard viewer numbers: 7 million. However, because the total number of viewers was down, the show posted its best audience share of the season.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep. Which means that CBS has a show with a known established core. Not bad if it decides to leap.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
It's kind of like a stacked deck, given the late time slot and the leaked episodes. In any case, I think CBS will weigh the decision more carefully than they did last season. Great show sometimes take awhie to build an audience. It looks like Jericho is growing audience share, but it's not a "runaway hit."

But then, neither was "The X-files"...well, not at first.

...and yes, another great episode last night...

The episode posted a 4.3/7 for CBS.

Source:'American Idol' is Tuesday's Superstar - FOX easily wins night; 'Quarterlife' has weak NBC debut - Zap2it

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Late to the party, but I just finished a marathon of season one over the weekend while I was down with the flu. Now I'm caught up on the first three episodes of this season as well and all I can say is that I really hope they continue this show either on CBS or another network. I'm finding that it gets better as it goes on(which is rare for most shows these days) and I think there is a ton of life left in this show if someone will just give it a chance. I'm just glad I finally decided to watch it because it's the most entertaining thing I've seen on TV in a while. :emoji_thumbsup:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So what was the deal toward the end, just after the J&R girl shredded the document that showed her changing the order log of the vaccines, it appeared there was a person in the foreground? Was I imagining that?

Chris

Senior HTF Member

No, I think it was to imply that someone was coming in, she was trying to catch the fax immediately because it gets checked often.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I've noticed fewer songs this season - probably a result of budget cuts. Given dislike of most of Jericho's music choices in season 1, which I have expressed here in the past, I'm pretty happy about that.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Nice job on the map, Adam -- I totally dig it. (There's also the Hawaii-nuking revealed on Hawkins's map in "Reconstruction" that's missing here).

Of course, on another related note, I just wish that someone would slap the producers upside their heads and tell them to get consistent with the total number of attacked cities -- it's now far more than 23 (there are already 24 on your map alone, and the Hawaii-bomb brings it up 25), and in fact it's possibly closer to, or even exceeding, 30 now, depending on how certain pieces of evidence are interpreted.

I wrote a big piece over on Wikipedia under a different handle (in the discussion section of the show's article) breaking down the total number of bombs...and it was up to something like 32 or 33 before we got yet another attacked city on Hawkins's map in the season premiere.

Looking again, there's also the St. Louis bomb missing from that map (on the terrorists' final target list just hours before everything blew up), but otherwise you did a great job with it.

EDIT: Also, I laughed my ass off at this.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I had no problems with the original broadcast music and I thought it enhanced the first season, IMO. But I'm glad they scaled back this season, it has worked out very well. And we shouldn’t be seeing any music replacements on the Season 2 DVD if these last four refrain from going nuts with the music. I swear CBS/Paramount is getting worse with keeping things intact on DVD.

This season so far has been really good, so I really want it complete when the DVD is finally released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks