What's new

Jericho ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
So I got a little myopic there. I share your hope that "Jericho" is handles itself more realistically than "Quantum Leap" did - though QL was, IMO, good TV.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Still loving it. I thought this week's episode was actually better - I really enjoyed the gun standoff with Emily (I really love it when they actually let girls stand up for themselves instead of being scaredy or overly freaked out, does that make sense? Though it was a little too convienent how easly she found the gun, the key to the case it was in and bullets, but i'll let that go. I kind of wish she'd actually shot him instead of Skeet.)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The military coup/internal junta-angle is my reigning theory at the moment, too.

Especially given the above-average number of well-connected/know-more-than-they're-letting-on characters in one small assfart Kansas town, something fishy's going on here, and likely within the very U.S. government itself.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The other possibility is that in the real world every town of a 5,000 or more people has a couple people who know-more-than-they're-letting-on and just don't draw attention to themselves short of a nuclear holocaust. This show would then focus on those couple people for Jericho. Definitely something fishy about Mr. Hawkins. It could be good fishy or it could be bad fishy. But why does he have a family and a house when no one's met him before?

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
out of 5000 people it would be very easy for someone not to know them. I have lived in my townhouse for almost 2 years and if you put my neighboors on either side of me in a lineup of 50 similar aged people, I could probably barely pick them out.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Jericho is the sequel to Terminator 3! It won't be long until the war reaches Jericho...:D

paul_v

Second Unit

Nothing they've sent me stated this. I just read through all the e-mails they've sent me and nowhere does it say to keep it a secret. The Internet is pretty anonymous anyways. But just in case I won't mention it again :)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Also, in the last ep. they asked Mr Hawkins how long they had till the storm got there to which he said he was new around there and didn't know. They haven't given a specific amount of time but he and his family haven't been there long. Not sure who he is but that's one of the better story threads.

Is this show shorter than typ.? There does seem to be a lot of commercials. I also hate how they do a preview for the next ep. before the ep. you're watching is done. :thumbsdown:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
'24' started doing this last season. I didn't notice it on Jericho but it was very annoying and I don't understand why they would do that.

ishouldbelieve

Auditioning
Real Name
chel
yeah and also on cbs, man they stepped up their programming or something cuz they have this show smith which ROCKS and shark is aweome too..

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yes it is, I noted this in my first post here I believe. The premiere was about 39 minutes, a new low as far as I know.

I don't really care who is behind the attack, that's no more the focus of the show than the alien invasion is, in the movie Signs. Most the US could have been blasted with an apocalyptic meteor shower and the show would have remained much the same. It's about how a small town copes with a disaster which has virtually cut them from the rest of the world.

I am not sure how they can sustain this premise for any lenght of time, but I am curious. That said, I am not sure I will be sticking around too long: I don't think I have ever seen a more overbearing music in a TV show. It is there ALL THE FRICKING TIME. It's even worse than the few terrible cliches which littered this episode.

Yet at the end of the epsiode, we once again have a masterstroke of visual story-telling which packs more punch than everything before combined. It's as if the last scene was given to a far better director. WTF?

--
H

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Besides the sucker punch, the rest of the episode lack said punch. Hope it picks up steam because it's going to be lowered on the priority viewing list.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Some interesting events tonight. So where are the survivors are the plane that's emergency chutes were deployed?...Dead from the rain? Also, what is up with the "cop" from St.Louis? Weapons cache? Any idea what he is building in his basement?

Good thing the train was coming to town.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't see why the kid gets such a bum rap; he seems to be making most of the practical decisions.
P.S. You just know the snobby girl still likes him:)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Why does it seem like the nuking may have been from an Extraterredtial source. I'm thinking Aliens are coming.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I think that is the question we are all asking. Nobody knows what's in the drums. Also, remember he (Hawkins) was the one who told about the radioactive rain, yet there he was in the middle of it (granted with a makeshift hazmat suit) moving his little stash out of storage so he could wall it up closer to home. Then it turns out no one gets sick, even the guy who was soaked in it? Coincidence? ;)

Me, I'm really liking the show. I'm a sucker for an apocolyptic drama that has more to do with the characters and less to do with the apocolypse. I especially like the bad son / golden boy interaction between the brothers. One is obviously a good guy and thought a loser, the other is running around on his wife but is the fine upstanding deputy mayor. Good character stuff to me. As always, YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks