What's new

Jennifer Connelly's next movie IS.... (!!!!!) (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Source: Hollywood Reporter
Jennifer Connelly has been cast as Betty Ross, the female lead and love interest in Ang Lee's The Hulk. Connelly, who turned down a role in Dreamworks' American remake of The Ring for the part, joins Australian actor Eric Bana (Chopper) who will be playing the role of Dr. Bruce Banner.
Early word is that Nick Nolte is eyeing the role of the villain 'Thunderball'. The Hulk is expected to hit theaters in Summer 2003.
---
:):):)
Holy moley. Kirsten Dunst in Spider-Man?? Jennifer Connelly in The Hulk???
I've died and gone to super hero heaven!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Scott,
Great news indeed! I assume you have seen Waking the Dead...which proved she could act in a serious role, not that I didn't care for her in Mulholland Drive :D
The villain, is General ThunderBOLT, Betty's father.
FYI:),
Chuck

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Chuck,
Easy mistake to make, both movies had yummy girls in them, but you meant Mulholland Falls.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, my expectations for "The Hulk" movie just shot up exponentially!

It seems that Jennifer is now getting the top pickings of scripts, she was offered a role in a Dreamworks project that she passed on, and THEN the role was offered to Gwynneth Paltrow, who passed on it, and then it was offered to Kate Beckinsale and Naomi Watts (who did appear in Mulholland Drive) and Naomi Watts finally got the part.

Re: Mulholland Falls - all I can say is that both Nick Nolte and John Malkovich are lucky men.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I adore Jennifer Connelly, but Ill hold off on getting excited until this goes into production. This movie has been in development fo SOOOOOOO long. I would have bet money it wouldnt get made.

At Coronas Coming Attractions there was a cool review of a Hulk script that was scrapped which I think is too bad.Check it out.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Thanks for the correction! I knew I was going to screw it up!
Who saw Career Opportunities IN THE THEATER?!?! I will admit to it...and I'd do it again!
;),
Chuck
P.S. I hate having to correct my spelling:angry: :b

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Damn, and I thought it was going to be that erotic thriller that our agents were trying to work out together as our next project... ;)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Hulk...feel strange...have warm feeling in pants...

This gives me a good feeling about this picture. Ms Connely has attached herself to a string of great projects (Requiem, Beautiful Mind, Pollack) that taking this makes the Hulk seem all the more credible.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Connelly is a major babe. Her being in "The Hulk" is just icing on the cake.

Speaking of major babes, Halle Berry is confirmed to be one of the new Bond girls in the upcoming 20th James Bond feature, due this time next year.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I had hoped you were going to say...

"...an English-language remake of Oshima's In the Realm of the Senses!"

...but I'll settle for this. And rather than make any crass jokes about the Hulk turning purple rather than green, I'll just stop here.

--Jefferson Morris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks